Magnets for depotting UK?

joey_zane

Does anyone know of an online retailer that stock magnets that fit into pallets? I've stuck most of my depotted e/s down with a sticky pad (think they're Scotch), but would ideally like to find magnets??

TIA
greengrin.gif

Luceuk

I couldn't find any so bought sheets of magnets from Staples, quite expensive for just magnets they cost £12 something for four A4 sheets. I can just cut them out to the shape I want and they're really thin.

amber_j

I've also struggled to find suitable magnets in the UK. I don't have an online recommendation, but John Lewis sells Magnet Tape (by an American brand called Xyron) that I've found works well. You can find it in the haberdashery and crafts section and it costs something like £4.85. You get loads!

toparistonight

Try HobbyCraft, the big arts and crafts store? I know theres a big one in Reading, and I'm sure I've been to one up in Nottingham.
You can buy one inch circular magnets there (and in various other sizes), which I find fit perfectly on the back of the pans. You can also buy the strips of magnetic tape, which you can cut into squares that fit.
Failing that, a lot of other craft stores sell similar things.
Hope this helps, a little.

NatalieMT

I also buy mine from Hobbycraft, they do the small circular magnets which are perfect for the eyeshadow pans and also larger ones which as good for blush pans.

ratmist

The cheapest option I've found is to go to my local petrol garage and pick up a GB or Learner Drivers' magnetic plate. They're big, cheap (something like £.99 or £1.99 depending on where I go) and can be easily cut. I put the sticker on the GB/L side and use the bare magnet underneath. HTH!

Shepherdess

I brought some off of ebay but they were quite thick which I didnt like
ssad.gif

I want them to be the same width as the magnetic eyeshadow pans from mac.

Luceuk

I went to Hobbycraft yesterday to have a look at their magnets, they are good but 99p for 4??!

While I was there I saw a a whole row of those puncher things that makes different shapes. I found an inch circle one on sale for £1.50 so I bought it and it is perfect for the sheets of magnets I got from Staples. It's alot easier than trying to cut a perfect cirlce out with a pair or scissors.

c00ki312

i couldnt find any magnets in london. went to all the art shops and hobbycraft. shouldve checked john lewis duhh lol

now i just use the leftover glue from depotting. i realised that the pans doesnt actually move without the magnet so u dont really need magnets.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEmB
I just use blu-tac

Can't believe I didn't think of that. That's useful for using empty palettes for non-MAC stuff.