Mailing from the USA to Canada.

tropical_smiles

Hi guys,

I'm from Canada but I had a really nice ebay buyer buy from me and she was wondering how people who shipped to Canada from the US got their items to their destination point quickly. She finds that regardless of what she is shipping to Canada, it takes about 15 to 45 days to pass customs. What do you guys use to ship to us people in Canada? What service do you use? Fedex? Regular US Postal Service?

Give me some feedback and I'll let her know your methods!!
This could also explain why my order for empty 5g grams are taking forever to get to me.

aeni

I use Fedex or UPS b/c Canada Post takes forever. But you know, that's international mail nonetheless. You'd still have to fill out craploads of customs forms for both Fedex and UPS. At least with USPS you just have to fill out 1 piece.

HOTasFCUK

It usually does take longer to get into Canada but 45 days seems really long especially for something that sounds like a small packet! Make sure they ship air and not by land because then that will take forever!

tropical_smiles

I think she sells everything on ebay. So not too sure exactly what she sold but I thought it was wierd that it would take that long to ship. I mean, are they walking it up into Canada or something?

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
It usually does take longer to get into Canada but 45 days seems really long especially for something that sounds like a small packet! Make sure they ship air and not by land because then that will take forever!

That's a good point, I'll have to double check with her to see if she was sending it surface or not. But even that, 45 days seems way to long!

HOTasFCUK

Yup and you have to remember that you only have so many days to file a claim with paypal if you don't receive it! And if you're the seller and they don't receive their item, you only have so much time to file a lost mail claim!!!