Make My Foundation LAST!!!!!

RoseyPosey

Feel like I havent posted here in so long! Anywho,

I feel like my foundation just DOES NOT last. Right now, ive been using studio fix instead of SFF because of the hot weather.

Right now my routine is:
Eye cream
Moisturize
Primer (have used so many kinds. Smashbox, revlon, chafing gel etc)
Sometimes i use strobe liquid
Studio Fix buffed in with 185 (brush LIGHTLY misted with fix+ before buffing)

On occasion before i apply my SF, i will use some studio finish concealor to cover some blemishes if im having a bad face day, but it still seems that after just a few short hours, there is NO makeup on my chin, jaw line which is where i have my breakouts.

What else can i do to make my makeup last longer?

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Try using Fix+ after you buff

I forgot to add that i do. after i put on my bronzer/blush i do. to get rid of the powdery look.

TISH1124

I am not sure then...to be honest MAC never really lasts all day on me that is why I now use Revlon Colorstay foundation...it does not move, budge or transfer until you take it off.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I am not sure then...to be honest MAC never really lasts all day on me that is why I now use Revlon Colorstay foundation...it does not move, budge or transfer until you take it off.

I've been hearing about this Colorstay? Can someone acne prone/oily skin wear it?
I like my SF,but it makes my face crazy shiny on the nose and forehead, and I was recently told using a powder won't be good for my skin bcuz I also have HUGE open pores

RoseyPosey

I have the Revlon Colorstay, but right now, Im not wanting to wear liquid because with this hot humid weather, makes me feel yuck! lol.

guess ill just have to keep playing around with my routine.

MissResha

i for one, feel you with the liquid foundation/hot weather.

but...i tried Revlon Colorstay on a humid day, and it did not move and my face didn't feel heavy and cakey at all.

cant say that about my Dream Liquid Mousse founation though lol.

gildedangel

I agree with TISH1127, use Fix + after you buff in the foundation. I use the same foundation and I like to spray it on a brush and tap the Fix + onto my face with a small powder brush.

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I've been hearing about this Colorstay? Can someone acne prone/oily skin wear it?
I like my SF,but it makes my face crazy shiny on the nose and forehead, and I was recently told using a powder won't be good for my skin bcuz I also have HUGE open pores

YES! I have oily/acne prone skin with huge pores and the Revlon Colorstay is amazing! The only foundation that stays on my face. Even in crazy hot weather, it doesn't feel yucky or greasy. Awesome coverage as well. I HIGHLY recommend
th_DANCE.gif

Fataliya

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyPosey
Feel like I havent posted here in so long! Anywho,

I feel like my foundation just DOES NOT last. Right now, ive been using studio fix instead of SFF because of the hot weather.

Right now my routine is:
Eye cream
Moisturize
Primer (have used so many kinds. Smashbox, revlon, chafing gel etc)
Sometimes i use strobe liquid
Studio Fix buffed in with 185 (brush LIGHTLY misted with fix+ before buffing)

On occasion before i apply my SF, i will use some studio finish concealor to cover some blemishes if im having a bad face day, but it still seems that after just a few short hours, there is NO makeup on my chin, jaw line which is where i have my breakouts.

What else can i do to make my makeup last longer?

Is oily skin the reason it disappears? If so, try using Milk of Magnesia, after moisturizing, but before primer.

K_ashanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY

yes, i just got it in the oily/combo formula and soo far i love

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataliya
Is oily skin the reason it disappears? If so, try using Milk of Magnesia, after moisturizing, but before primer.

NO, im not oily, I have serious combo skin though. dry in some areas, normal in others, and maybe normal-oil in others, it just disapperas though, esepcially in the chin/jaw line where i need it most.

vocaltest

The main reason why makeup in particular foundation won't stay on is due to the layering of different types of products. If you used a water based moisturiser, then use an oil based foundation/primer next, your makeup will slip off the skin and vice versa... oil based moisturiser with a water based primer/foundation on top it will slip. They're counteracting each other. Try layering same based products and you will find it will stay in.
Personally I find Revlon colourstay one of the worst foundations for staying power as well as MACs. Try the layering of products before you invest in new foundations.

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
The main reason why makeup in particular foundation won't stay on is due to the layering of different types of products. If you used a water based moisturiser, then use an oil based foundation/primer next, your makeup will slip off the skin and vice versa... oil based moisturiser with a water based primer/foundation on top it will slip. They're counteracting each other. Try layering same based products and you will find it will stay in.
Personally I find Revlon colourstay one of the worst foundations for staying power as well as MACs. Try the layering of products before you invest in new foundations.

hmm well that makes sense.

I use LUSH's Imperialis moisturizer. And Studio Fix (the pressed powder, NOT the liquid) i only use SFF in winter.

And in terms of primer, I mostly use Smashbox Light.
any recs for something i can change.

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseyPosey
hmm well that makes sense.

I use LUSH's Imperialis moisturizer. And Studio Fix (the pressed powder, NOT the liquid) i only use SFF in winter.

And in terms of primer, I mostly use Smashbox Light.
any recs for something i can change.

I THINK (i'm not sure, smashbox isn't widely available here) the smashbox primer is silicone based, and I personally find that silicone slips a lot... but I have oily skin so that might be why. Do you use studio finish concealer a lot on your blemishes? If I put that on the redness around my nose my foundation will disappear! When I use Studio fix powder i use prep & prime refined zone and then matte gel on top... I know matte is silicone but refined zone is quite tacky (to the touch) so it has something to stick to, and that keeps it on. You say its around your jawline/chin... do you lean on your hand a lot on your chin? Lol I know it sounds silly, but thats what happens to me sometimes.

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
I THINK (i'm not sure, smashbox isn't widely available here) the smashbox primer is silicone based, and I personally find that silicone slips a lot... but I have oily skin so that might be why. Do you use studio finish concealer a lot on your blemishes? If I put that on the redness around my nose my foundation will disappear! When I use Studio fix powder i use prep & prime refined zone and then matte gel on top... I know matte is silicone but refined zone is quite tacky (to the touch) so it has something to stick to, and that keeps it on. You say its around your jawline/chin... do you lean on your hand a lot on your chin? Lol I know it sounds silly, but thats what happens to me sometimes.

HAHA ive been trying so hard not to lean on my face with my hands because i do it all the time. I use the Smashbox light, which is like 60% water based as opposed to the original.
The studio finish concealor slips right off of me or makes me look dry and cakey (i know wierd)

also, i tried the colorstay (since i had a bottle i purchased on vacay in march) and i will say it stayed on longer but it made my skin look splotchy and dry and horrible.

guess ill just keep on trying different things lol.

Thanks so much ladies for all the advice!!

Simply Elegant

Put on the concealer and then pat on a tiny bit of powder over the concealer with a small brush just in those areas and then use the 185 for the rest of your face. Also putting on setting powder with a fluffy brush everywhere will be like a second primer for the SF and it'll make it last longer.

Latest posts