Make-up Courses in Perth

boudoirblonde

Hey
smiles.gif

I did look in the other thread, but nothing about Perth
ssad.gif

So, I'm thinking about doing a Cert II in Make-up Services at Perth Beauty College.
I want to be able to work at a counter, but I want to be able to do makeovers, not just colour recs. So will Cert II cover that, or is there another course I should do that would be better?

TIA
smiles.gif

Oh and does anyone know of other good schools in Perth? Anyone been to Perth Beauty College, or heard anything good/bad about it?

Esme

There is Volona in Cannington. Don't know anything much about them. When I was looking for an Aromatherapy course, I wanted some massage courses to go with. I called them and talked to someone for almost 1/2 an hour about what I wanted to do and all. They were very helpful and helped me figure out that what they offered was not what I was looking for. Very honest of them, I thought.

christly

I am currently doing a cert 2 in makeup at Volona college. It actually is very good and we have a wonderful lecturer who used to work for lancome.Next week is my final exam and am done with the course.Am soo sad though
ssad.gif
now looks like its time I start looking for a job.Anyone knows how to apply to the mac counter in perth?

miss_emc

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoirblonde
Take in your resume (and portfolio if you have one) and ask to see the manager (her name is Carol i think)

Trust me you dont want to work on that counter, try and get into MAC DJ's if you can which is opening in August, the management on the Myer counter is far from professional and unless you don't want a life i would never recommend working there.

christly

oh really?.Do u work at myers as well?I'll try keep an eye on DJ and apparently there is an Armani counter opening there soon as well but I think they already have their staff
ssad.gif

boudoirblonde

For anyone in Perth reading this thread, and looking for a school to attend - I DO NOT recommend the Australian College of Beauty Therapy.

You can PM me for more details if you like
smiles.gif

Esme

well, I went to Volona and did the Cert II in nails. If anyone has any questions about that (and I have all the info on the Makeup course, too, still trying to decide if I could finish that before going to the U.S.) pm me.

jelo2

hi i know you posted this years ago but am wondering if you know of any good makeup courses in perth & does anyone reccomend the napoleon cert? its not accredited etc.
thanks

Latest posts