Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup on WOC

makeba

Re: Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup

i am dying to see your beautiful faces wearing this foundation!!! please post!! i gotta check this product out soon!

1QTPie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalT
Oky in sort of in a rut. I purchased the 173 shade on friday after I got color tested at Sephora. It looked great in the light and in the day light however when I took a flash picture, I got a very bright ashy, demarcation on the jawline look :-(. I thought that it may have been the HD powder (which is wonderful!!) but it was really the foundation. It feels great on the skin and I can't wait to use it in the cooler weather but im worried about what shade to get since the 175 seems to dark and red and the 177 which is yellow based would be wayy to dark.

I tried the 173 with MSF dark today and the charged water to blend and it seems to look pretty good together. I will get lighter in the winter but I really dont want to look ashy/ pasty! Any suggestions?

We have the EXACT same issue. Try using the #4 primer. It darkens your skin. 177 looked like I poured chocolate on my face and 175 is way too red. Maybe a tinted powder will fix it too.

I can't afford to mix two foundations. This is why I don't do MAC foundation, it's like they forget those of use right in the middle. Mixing NC45 and NC50 is time consuming and it's expensive.

User67

Okay, so I wore it all day today with the HD loose powder on top & I am pretty impressed. It got a little shiny & I had to touch up with blot powder a little, but it never turned super oily like I was worried about. It wears very nicely & stays true to color as well. However I find that it still flashes lighter in photographs just like the SFF does at times. So I was a little disappointed that it didn't keep it's promise to photograph well. But, overall I think it's a really nice foundation & I may invest in a bottle eventually. For now I will just enjoy my sample until it's gone.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
Okay, so I wore it all day today with the HD loose powder on top & I am pretty impressed. It got a little shiny & I had to touch up with blot powder a little, but it never turned super oily like I was worried about. It wears very nicely & stays true to color as well. However I find that it still flashes lighter in photographs just like the SFF does at times. So I was a little disappointed that it didn't keep it's promise to photograph well. But, overall I think it's a really nice foundation & I may invest in a bottle eventually. For now I will just enjoy my sample until it's gone.

Did you like it better or as Much as MAC or pretty much evenly scored?

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
Did you like it better or as Much as MAC or pretty much evenly scored?

About even I think. I think that the #153 is the best foundation match I have ever had though. It matches me even better than the NC42 SFF. Which is amazing because my skin is very hard to match.

TISH1124

I just had a Makeover at the CCO and they used Bobbi Brown Foundation on me...It actually looks and feels wonderful...I am waiting to see how long it lasts.

pretebrowneyes

well i got color matched and a sample today...i'm gonna try this for church to see what the real deal is for me

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
I have to say that I love it!!! I got a color matched to #175 and got a sample that I am sad to see run out. . I cringe at paying the $40 a bottle, so that really the only draw back, lol. The coverage was really good and it really didn't look like I was wearing makeup at all. It matches very well, but I feel like it may be just a tab bit dark for my face in some areas. But it blends into my necks so I'm thinking of going Sephora to pick up a sample of a lighter shade just to see if I like that better lol.

I know it is sometimes difficult to shell out that much cash for makeup..but, I say if you find a product (especially something such as foundation, where it is SO hard to find the *perfect* color, texture, and finish), then it's just something ya gotta do
smiles.gif

Besides, the bottle will most likely last you a least a few months..And, look at it this way: How much are you spending in the long run on makeup you don't like (or, in the end, cannot use)..foundations you think are a match in the store, then end up looking shitty once you hit the street..Or, a product that's just o.k., and you'll wear it, maybe a few times; then maybe you'll toss it in the bottom of your makeup box, and there it'll sit for a long time..'till you buy yet another less-expensive-but-less-than-stellar product. Those end up costing you much more in the end..Foundation should be seamless..flawless. When you find the right one, you don't mind wearing it. And that counts for a LOT! I think it MORE THAN makes up for the cost of a product if you like wearing it and it makes your skin look great. If you have found the perfect one, consider yourself lucky (know how many women CAN'T EVER find *the* foundation?)..and GO GET that bottle!!!!
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

trindee

I went to Sephora on Saturday and was matched to 177. (I wear SFF in NW45) I think it's a good match. I got a sample of it, which I wore on Sunday during the day and again to work on yesterday. The coverage was decent, but I think I like the look and coverage I get with SFF better. I will finish the sample and decide if I want to buy a full sized one.

alka1

has anyone tried the new HD kabuki brush? How do you like it?

MissAlphaKitty

I went in to get colour matched for HD and none of them looked right. Even the MUA said the HD is only good if a good colour match exists. Beyond shades, the undertones (ie. yellow vs olive) have to be considered...

I didn't go away empty handed though, their HD Foundation brushes on are off the hook!

My MUFE makeup artist said she officially retired all her other foundation brushes since she found these... She uses them for everything. I picked up the 35N brush.

Also picked up HD primer #2 Mauve... so far I'm very happy with my purchases

TeeGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trindee
I went to Sephora on Saturday and was matched to 177. (I wear SFF in NW45) I think it's a good match. I got a sample of it, which I wore on Sunday during the day and again to work on yesterday. The coverage was decent, but I think I like the look and coverage I get with SFF better. I will finish the sample and decide if I want to buy a full sized one.

I purchased 180....FLAWLESS! i couldnt even tell I had on foundatipn except for the flawless finish!! I LOVE IT!!!! I love the MATTE VELVET+ as well. Go that in 80. It looked dark when i saw it but when i tested it, it was seamless!

Bey28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
Then she probably didn't apply it correctly, because even though it's a full coverage makeup, it's an invisible finish with a featherlight texture. So if you could see it or feel it on the skin to the point where you could say it was too much for your skin, she either applied the wrong color or applied it very heavily. Also applying it without the primer underneath causes it to tug across the natural texture of the skin, and to correct that people just use more of the makeup.

Every client I've matched and applied it to absolutely loves it! It's the best shade range we've had since Becca (RIP), and I encourage everyone to try it, at least get a color match and wear it for a few hours and see how you like it. But it's really a 3-step process; you need the primer and the powder to get the full flawless effect of it. And I like to apply it with the Nylon Kabuki Brush. It's pricey but worth it, because it doesn't absorb the makeup into the the bristles, and it lays down the foundation very very evenly and buffs it in for an airbrushed look. IMO you get better coverage w/ the nylon kabuki than with the 187 or any variation of a stippling brush because it's dense.

which primer would you suggest if i'm #173?

trindee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeGee
I purchased 180....FLAWLESS! i couldnt even tell I had on foundatipn except for the flawless finish!! I LOVE IT!!!! I love the MATTE VELVET+ as well. Go that in 80. It looked dark when i saw it but when i tested it, it was seamless!

You got it in 180 and you wear NW45? I looked at 178, but when I swatched it, it was too red. The 177 was dead on. I want to try to the Matte+Velvet, maybe that will be my next purchase. I want to try one of the primers, I use Smashbox and it's ok, I want to see how the HD one works.

blueangel1023

I'm NC35 and I bought 128, which is a great match. I also purchased the HD powder as a finish after applying foundation. It definitely smooths out everything and what's great about this powder is it's great for any skin tone since it's translucent! It does not dry out your skin and it slightly mattifies it. I like MUF's HD foundation better than the Dior Skin forever foundation because it certainly felt and looked more natural. Although I have to admit, the Dior foundation definitely made my skin glowy and flawless. lol, however I didn't get a cakey and heavy feel from this as I did for the Dior one. MUF has more ranges to choose from, whereas Dior has only a limited selection.

Basically for me, it all comes down to natural with nice coverage but not to the point where I feel like my face is caked up with MU
smiles.gif

Here's a pic comparison.

002-7-1.jpg

MUF HD 128 foundation
HD powder
MAC ambering rose blush
MAC partymate lipstick
Kat Von D beethoven e/s palette
Blacktrack Fluidline

And this is with the Dior Skin forever extreme wear foundation in Med Beige 030.

008-4-1.jpg

Also wearing:

NARS Orgasm blush
NARS lipgloss in pillowtalk
MAC bootblack liquid liner
MAC e/s in shroom, stars 'n rockets, parfait amour, idol eyes

xoleaxo

blueangel, i also got 128 and it blends flawlessly into my skin! are you using any of the MUFE HD primers? i'm not sure which to get. sadly, the HD powder makes my face look pale.

blueangel1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
blueangel, i also got 128 and it blends flawlessly into my skin! are you using any of the MUFE HD primers? i'm not sure which to get. sadly, the HD powder makes my face look pale.

I did buy the HD primer in neutral (0) My MU go on smooth after applying, it was lightweight, and it moisturized my face. However, I didn't feel that much of a difference if I used any other primer or moisturizer IMO.

Hmm, I have heard of some ppl having problems with the HD powder making them look pale. Are you using a kabuki brush? Also, did you tap the excess off? Sometimes a little goes a long way, so you don't need to pack on the powder. I just tap a little bit of powder into the cap and buff it out like I would for a BE mineral foundation. Everyone's face and reaction to MU is different, so what might work for one person might not work for them.

TeeGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trindee
You got it in 180 and you wear NW45? I looked at 178, but when I swatched it, it was too red. The 177 was dead on. I want to try to the Matte+Velvet, maybe that will be my next purchase. I want to try one of the primers, I use Smashbox and it's ok, I want to see how the HD one works.

Strange huh.... Just beacuse of your post im going back to Sephora to try the 177. I didnt even look at it because the sample a friend of mine gave me was like dead on. But im gonna go see.. HEY I will just have 2..LOL.. But I really like the matte velvet!

DirtyPlum

I'm in love... and ive old tried it on the once. Thanks to Mrsjrizzle CP'ing me some to the UK... I couldnt wait to try it. 153 is PERFECT for me (Mac nc40) and I love how it covers like SFF but looks and feels like mineralize SF/Select. LOVE!

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QTPie
We have the EXACT same issue. Try using the #4 primer. It darkens your skin. 177 looked like I poured chocolate on my face and 175 is way too red. Maybe a tinted powder will fix it too.

I can't afford to mix two foundations. This is why I don't do MAC foundation, it's like they forget those of use right in the middle. Mixing NC45 and NC50 is time consuming and it's expensive.

The #4 primer is not designed to "darken" the skin; it's actually designed to brighten the skin and warm up fickle tones. The orange of it counteracts discoloration and offers a brightening effect but it shouldn't be making your skin look darker. However, if you're between shades it's a good way to make the lighter shade work for you rather than mixing 2 foundations. You can also add a drop of concealer with your foundation to adjust the color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bey28
which primer would you suggest if i'm #173?

Number 4 is the best primer for WoC, it brightens up the skin, warms up the tone and helps to hide discolorations without changing the actual tones of the skin. If you don't have concerns with that and just want a basic primer, try the #0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel1023
I did buy the HD primer in neutral (0) My MU go on smooth after applying, it was lightweight, and it moisturized my face. However, I didn't feel that much of a difference if I used any other primer or moisturizer IMO.

Hmm, I have heard of some ppl having problems with the HD powder making them look pale. Are you using a kabuki brush? Also, did you tap the excess off? Sometimes a little goes a long way, so you don't need to pack on the powder. I just tap a little bit of powder into the cap and buff it out like I would for a BE mineral foundation. Everyone's face and reaction to MU is different, so what might work for one person might not work for them.

HD Powder does tend to make a lot of people look light. I've tried applying many different ways and mostly in pictures, except for pics in natural light, it always makes me look a little ashy. Setting with Mist & Fix spray helps but once I finish the HD Powder, I'm thinking I might go back to the Super Matte Loose Powder, it's the only one that goes on invisible for me, and it controls my oil since HD foundation isn't a matte finish. Just like you said, what works for some doesn't work for all =(