Make up For Ever [MUFE]

tearsindecember

I really want to start building a MUFE collection..

Where do I begin?
What are your favorites?
What was the first thing you bought from them?
Reviews?
Etc?

HELP!
th_dunno.gif

Love Always Ivy

the star powders are amazing - really dynamic and unique colors.
i highly reccomend the foundations - they dont oxidize and they have never broken out my acne prone skin.
*face and body is a great everyday foundation - light with decent coverage. dries to be water and sweat proof. never rubs off on my clothes
*Mat Velvet + - amazing for special occasions, HG for super oily skin. super matte finish and it is waterproof and sweatproof and has lasted on me during a super long wedding in the hot summer heat!
*Full Cover - great concealor, very pigments stays absolutely put
*Duo Mat Powder - great for setting foundation. very light dusting helps keep away oil and shine all day long.

Simply Elegant

MUFE is one of my favourite brands.

The first things I bought were the lift concealer and the green primer. I don't use the primer anymore but it did work well and I love the lift concealer as an eye primer and for under my eyes. I mix it with some cream foundation and it's a really nice texture for any redness.

The shine on powders are probably my favourite. I love the packaging they're in because they have sifters. It's more of a glowy look without tons of shimmer.

I like the star powders too. They're pretty vibrant. I use a light pink one as a highlighter and these are definitely more shimmery than the shine on powders.

I really like the matte velvet + foundation too. Lasts all day and makes my skin look airbrushed and matte.

I like the super matte powder too. Controls oil well.

Kiseki

I've used MUFE for years and here are my favorites:

Star Powders, I love the iridescent finish, the black one is to die for and you have a huge color selection, plus they'll last you quite a while as they are super pigmented. You can add Star Powders to foundation, lip gloss, mascara for a special sparkle and highlight.

For unbeatable shine, their Diamond Powder, it's microfine glitter and if you like sparkle and a dramatic look, these babies are for you, you can also add it to lip-glosses if you like glittery lips or add it to your lashes immediately after putting on mascara for even more sparkle.

I love all their foundations, my favorite is Mat Velvet + (I tend to prefer matte finishes on foundations), although their Lift Foundation is also incredible and if you like a sheer foundation that just unifies your complexion, Face & Body is great.

Their primers are great and their concealers are super pigmented. Try the lift concealer for your eye-area, if you have dark circles it will illuminate the area and you won't have to put so much of your regular concealer.

The primers and color correctors are incredible, but if you have acne-prone skin proceed with care, they have caused break-outs in the past, for sporadic use, their OK though.

Their powders are also great, Super Loose Mat Powder is great, specially if you have combo/oily skin and their Shine On Powders are completely wearable and don't have a trace of glitter, just a pearly finish that can be used to highlight or it's fabulous for all over every day use for super dewy skin.

If you like to contour, then get their Compact Modeler, the shades are great (although it favors light to medium skin tones).

I like their lipstick palettes and if you want to build a lipstick collection, it's the way to go, plus they have refillable palettes for lipsticks as well.

Gloss wise, I think you have better choices out there, they're OK, but not the AWESOMENESS of their other products.

What I really don't recommend are the mascaras, they're just not worth the money.

This is what I can think of, off the top of my head.

tearsindecember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
I've used MUFE for years and here are my favorites:

Star Powders, I love the iridescent finish, the black one is to die for and you have a huge color selection, plus they'll last you quite a while as they are super pigmented. You can add Star Powders to foundation, lip gloss, mascara for a special sparkle and highlight.

For unbeatable shine, their Diamond Powder, it's microfine glitter and if you like sparkle and a dramatic look, these babies are for you, you can also add it to lip-glosses if you like glittery lips or add it to your lashes immediately after putting on mascara for even more sparkle.

I love all their foundations, my favorite is Mat Velvet + (I tend to prefer matte finishes on foundations), although their Lift Foundation is also incredible and if you like a sheer foundation that just unifies your complexion, Face & Body is great.

Their primers are great and their concealers are super pigmented. Try the lift concealer for your eye-area, if you have dark circles it will illuminate the area and you won't have to put so much of your regular concealer.

The primers and color correctors are incredible, but if you have acne-prone skin proceed with care, they have caused break-outs in the past, for sporadic use, their OK though.

Their powders are also great, Super Loose Mat Powder is great, specially if you have combo/oily skin and their Shine On Powders are completely wearable and don't have a trace of glitter, just a pearly finish that can be used to highlight or it's fabulous for all over every day use for super dewy skin.

If you like to contour, then get their Compact Modeler, the shades are great (although it favors light to medium skin tones).

I like their lipstick palettes and if you want to build a lipstick collection, it's the way to go, plus they have refillable palettes for lipsticks as well.

Gloss wise, I think you have better choices out there, they're OK, but not the AWESOMENESS of their other products.

What I really don't recommend are the mascaras, they're just not worth the money.

This is what I can think of, off the top of my head.

What color eyeshadows should I start with.. what are your faves?

foxyqt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tearsindecember
What color eyeshadows should I start with.. what are your faves?

Purple 92!! everyone should own that eyeshadow, seriously!!

i agree with everyone else, Star Powders are AWESOME! they have much better texture and color payoff than MAC pigments. Definitely check those out
yes.gif

lethaldesign

Star Powders!!!
smiles.gif

Honestly, as much as I love MAC Pigments (mostly due to the selection of colors), they don't have nothin' on MUFE Star Powders. The pigmentation, vibrancy & staying power of these are amazing! My favorite is Purple 954, but I also have Turquoise Gold 956 & Iridescent Fuschia 951 which are incredible as well. I have the rest on my wish list. I've swatched them all at Sephora & none of them disappoint.

Their eyeshadows are also very pigmented. Purple 92 has to be the best purple e/s ever made. Also, Scarlett 99 is a great matte true red shade, which is a hard shade to find.

sharkbytes

Scarlet 99! One of the only True Reds I've been able to find. And I agree with everyone who recommended the Star Powders...they are gorgeous~