Make-up Inventory

PeachTwist

Hi everyone!

So I've recently started compiling a make-up inventory for the stuff I have. I have a small collection compared to a lot of the ladies here but I've still found myself sometimes losing track of what I have (I nearly bought Freshwater e/s twice).

I also figured not just to keep track - it'd be great for insurance purposes should something ever happen.

Anyway - I didn't know if anyone else did this, but I figured I'd show you a quick photo of mine incase anyone wanted or needed ideas.

The pic is small but you can click it to make it look bigger to read better. :)

I tried downloading the original MAC Database that someone here created, I just unfortunately couldn't figure it out properly so went with this instead.

Everything is done by Name, Brand, Shade description given on website, Finish, Collection and current Retail Price.

I hope this is possibly helpful to someone - mine isn't quite finished yet, I still have more to add but I think it's a great way to keep track as I just update it as I order/buy things. :)

aradhana

thanks for posting this!

i have a very similar spreadsheet, although it doesn't include price. i should try to do that, unfortunately it will probably require a lot of research, because some things i purchased quite some time ago!

PeachTwist

thanks for posting this!

i have a very similar spreadsheet, although it doesn't include price. i should try to do that, unfortunately it will probably require a lot of research, because some things i purchased quite some time ago!

Just base it off of current retail price. I've done that with all my stuff. I know the regular price of an eye shadow and that MAC adds 50p in the UK for special packaging. Same with blushes, lipsticks etc. So whatever the price difference is for your LE, add it to the regular price it is now. It only took me a few mins to find all of mine, but I do have a smaller collection than you likely do. :)

aradhana

Just base it off of current retail price. I've done that with all my stuff. I know the regular price of an eye shadow and that MAC adds 50p in the UK for special packaging. Same with blushes, lipsticks etc. So whatever the price difference is for your LE, add it to the regular price it is now. It only took me a few mins to find all of mine, but I do have a smaller collection than you likely do. :)
i guess that's probably the wisest thing to do...
hmmm yes, i think my collection is getting quite unruly...i'm not very fast at using stuff, and i have a hard time getting rid of stuff!!

vala

cool! I have something similar; I just list the the type and name...sometimes I'll add the collection it's from

MadamEghiz

This is so cool. I have something very basic on the go as I am so worried I will repurchase something by accident.

PeachTwist

Yeah - I really don't have that big of a collection but knowing what I have for insurance purposes and for not re-buying really helps. Then as I buy, I just add to it.
This is so cool. I have something very basic on the go as I am so worried I will repurchase something by accident.

gracie90

I have one of these too, but I have different pages for my collection, wishlist, backups and what I need to sell!

Yazmin

I've been meaning to do this for a while. I already have something like this for my Inglot eyeshadows since it's harder to remember which numbers I have vs. names.

PeachTwist

I've been meaning to do this for a while. I already have something like this for my Inglot eyeshadows since it's harder to remember which numbers I have vs. names.
I definitely plan on doing this once I've gotten into Inglot. It'd be far too difficult to remember the numbers.

Dominique33

Actually I don't have access data base, my collection is pretty small so I don't think I will do it. I know what I have by heart ( almost by heart let's say ! ) but working with access is a good solution !

Anneri

I'm really interested to hear a bit from users who use the MU inventory apps! I'll get my new iphone next week and that's the first thing I'm planning to do with it - making my inventory! Because honestly, my collection is now getting too big and I need help to keep up with it...

meleftie

I'm really interested to hear a bit from users who use the MU inventory apps! I'll get my new iphone next week and that's the first thing I'm planning to do with it - making my inventory! Because honestly, my collection is now getting too big and I need help to keep up with it...
I know this is an older post however I'm curious if you found an app for cataloging your collection on your iphone.

Anneri

I got the Make up Kit App. It's allright, I guess - you can add pics of the items and use a tool to 'mix' their shade for an icon, but I think it's annoying that you can't group items by colour. Items are grouped by categories (blush, lipstick etc). In each category, you can group items by brand, name or description. Each item can be described by brand, name, description, used for, open date, expiery date, price, from. It's quite good to have the inventory on the smartphone, but it takes a lot of time to fill the inventory if you take pics of everything first! You can, though, use existing pics that are on your phone. I had to take pics of everything!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Latest posts