Make Up Mirror Recommendations?

Didididums

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me with my make up mirror problem???

I've noticed that Conair mirrors are usually the choice for alot of youtube tutors but I can't seem to find out if they are available in the UK??? Does anyone know if they are and if so where?

Otherwise, I was thinking of getting the Revlon Deluxe Oval Mirror but heard that the lighting settings aren't great.. again, has anyone had experience with this mirror and could let me know how you got on?

And finally, what lighted mirrors do you use or could recommend?

Thanks alot
smiles.gif

howleekorian

I would recommend buying a mirror and light separately. You will have an easier time finding a mirror you would like solo then you can add lighting as necessary. I know a lot of people like the combos, but then you have to throw the entire thing away if something breaks.

blackeneddove

I have the Conair one with 3 light settings, "evening", "office" and "day". I usually only use the "day" setting as it's the brightest. I love this mirror, one side is magnified but I never use that side, so eh. I'm not from the UK but perhaps you could try ebay?

Didididums

Thanks for the suggestion howleekorian, my boyfriend keeps suggesting the same thing! :p

I would like the conair blackeneddove, but I can't even find one on ebay!
ssad.gif

VIC MAC

Hi

I honestly keep going back to my standard mirror, and when possible, apply my makeup in daylight :) For me that always gives the best results....

But I also got the Halo Light Chrome Pedestal Mirror from the below UK website, and I use when I haven't got other options!

Maybe you can find something here:

Magnifying Mirrors - Manicure Sets - Atomisers - Quality Beauty Accessories - Montpellier Beauty

HTH :)

Victoria

PS: In Denmark Babyliss has this model, which I also have, and that to one has 3 light settings. Let me know if I can help you - since we are both in EU, I could ship this to you :)

http://www.albaline.dk/product.php?item=48

InspiredBlue

I second the separate light and mirror suggestion. I use Figgjo from IKEA, which is a great, pretty big standing mirror.
82255_PE207777_S3.jpg

Didididums

Vic Mac, that's a really sweet thing for you to do
smiles.gif
I'll check the mirror out but I think for the moment i'm gonna get a nice big standard mirror with seperate lighting.

InspiredBlue, I love that mirror! I'm popping to ikea next week to get myself a dressing table so I will deffinately be looking out for that one!

I was also thinking of getting this light..

IKEA | Lighting | Table lamps | GLOBAL | Work lamp

It's cool cause it's quite big and has a bright light, and is easily maneuverable...

Thanks all for your help
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didididums

I was also thinking of getting this light..

IKEA | Lighting | Table lamps | GLOBAL | Work lamp

It's cool cause it's quite big and has a bright light, and is easily maneuverable...

Thanks all for your help
smiles.gif

Hehe.. I actually have two of those on my desk, that I turn straight at my face when I'm applying makeup. But since it's pretty extreme in terms of lighting for that purpose, I usually don't mention it.
greengrin.gif
th_wink3.gif

Didididums

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Hehe.. I actually have two of those on my desk, that I turn straight at my face when I'm applying makeup. But since it's pretty extreme in terms of lighting for that purpose, I usually don't mention it.
greengrin.gif
th_wink3.gif

Heh! Well now we all know! So I guess that's a thumbs up on the light?
greengrin.gif

Latest posts