Make Up Remover For Sensitive Skin

Arabella

Can anyone recommend a make up remover for very dry sensitive skin? My skin always gets itchy and red, especially around my nose and forehead, after I wash my make up off. All of the removers I've tried were from drugstores. I haven't tried the ones from MAC and other high end brands. Are those better?

kare31

I also have very sensitive skin, and I use Shu Uemura Balancing Cleansing Oil Light.

sewpunk

I love Chanel's eyemake remover, and Lancomes as well.

But in all honesty, Pond's Bare and Repair (w/ Grapeseed oil) as just as good if not a little better. (I have dry eyelids/undereye, so it's great for me and not as costly)

You're washing your face with a creamy, non-sudzing face wash and moisturizing after washing right? to cut down on the dryness...

bellaetoile

i've always had good luck with mac wipes. they get everything off, smell wonderful, and are relatively mild on my dry skin. follow by washing with a warm washcloth, and a moisturizer of your choice.

cleanse off oil is supposedly pretty mild, and moisturizing, though i don't use it because i don't like the oily consistency. basically, whatever you use, make sure you moisturize, and wash your face with water. i'm shocked with how many people don't wash their faces with simple warm (not hot!) water.

Shimmer

Cetaphil is what I use.
smiles.gif
Or baby oil.
smiles.gif

Wattage

I agree with MAC wipes for the face and MAC Cleanse Off oil for eye make-up. I have very sensitive skin and these are great.

colleen389

I use the MAC Cleanse Off oil and it works very well - it doesn't even sting when it gets into my eyes.
The MAC wipes are awesome, but for $1.99 baby wipes work just as well!

Kat

Sorbelene cream, especially for the eyes. More effective than any other stuff I've used (even gets off fluidline) and a fraction of the price.

martygreene

I have sensitive skin, which morphs from super dry to super oily depending on the time of year.

I use Burts Bees Baby Bee Apricot Baby Oil (no petrolium products in this, no mineral oil to irritate and clog your skin) to remove stubborn makeup such as mascara, eye makeup, etc. I use L'Occitane Honey Comfort Cleansing Milk and the Honey Comfort Facial Cream. L'Occitane's honey line is specifically formulated for sensitive skin. It works wonderfully, and might be worth a shot for you. You can get it online, at L'Occitane boutiques, or at Sephora.

maxcat

Cleanse Off Everywhere. I've got to wear the Industrial Grade Makeup at the counter and by the time I get home I just want it OFF. I use it straight on my face then rinse off and proceed to the proactive. I've got dry skin *and* adult acne. It cleans off everything in seconds and doesn't strip my skin.
The wipes and the green gel both make my skin angry.

user6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattage
I agree with MAC wipes for the face and MAC Cleanse Off oil for eye make-up. I have very sensitive skin and these are great.

I also agree, before using these, I used origins 'well off' eye makeup remover, which works great actually, because you don't have to rinse your eyes afterward, it's that delicate! But I really do love the wipes and oil!!!!

user6

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleen389
I use the MAC Cleanse Off oil and it works very well - it doesn't even sting when it gets into my eyes.
The MAC wipes are awesome, but for $1.99 baby wipes work just as well!

True, but what I like about the MAC wipes as compared to baby wipes is that they leave my face very soft and moisturized....kinda like putting lotion on your face!!!

littlemissmagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
the MAC wipes sting my eyes especially. :-/

Me too! It's the fragrance, I think.

It may be a bit drying, but I find that a good lathering of baby shampoo works great for me! I use it mostly for my eyes - I close my eyes, lather it up and rub gently over my eyes, then rinse thoroughly. All traces of mascara, fluidliner, etc disappear and I can do it without getting any into my eye.