make up room?

beautenoir

So my roomate just moved out so there is an extra room in our house....my husbands wants to make it a t.v. room, but we already have a living room with all our movies in it a couch and t.v., but he wants a second room that we do have a t.v. for but no sitting...to me that dosen't make sense to have two rooms to do the exact same thing in but he's probably more obsessed with movies than i am with makeup!...so i threw out the idea of a dressing room(I think it would be a no go if I actually called it a makeup room!)...so a room where all our clothes would be and that we could close off from our cat (since everything we own is black and shes a fluff ball that gets her hair on everything) and of course i would put my vanity and all my makeup in there...so anyways, I ran the idea to him and he said I could but it was very obvious that he would still prefer it to be a movie room...I reminded him that when we get proper sitting that stuff could be moved back(of course between me and you guys, i have no intention on ever doing that)...he left for work saying that it's ok if i move my makeup stuff in there today but again it seemed like he was only doing it to make me happy amd not really gung ho about the idea. So my question for you guys is...should I start moving stuff in there?

asteffey

definitely. he will totally go for it & I would make a space for him in the room too. guys like to be included.

Miss_Behave

sure you should! just sell it to him as "the-addiction-room": place for your make-up and a nice storage for all his movies, something that looks like a movie library - next to your clothes
smiles.gif

beautenoir

k, I started moving stuff and so far it looks great!....my side of our bedroom looks a bit bare though...I'll post pics when I'm done...or at least when it looks presentable.

Cyn

Yeah, sell it as a room for addictions, once he sees his stuff all lined up and looking good.

Plus get him something extra nice to eat, whatever his favorite is, and tell him how much you appreciate him for trying to make you happy. I notice my guy calms down a lot if I feed him something special AND make sure I recognize that he is sacrificing something to make me happy.

Latest posts