make up wont stay!!!

marreyes38

i seriously dont know what to do...im literally out of ideas...i've tried different ways to make my makeup stay the whole day but it wont...after about 3 hours its almost all gone...primers havent worked...what should i do???
th_dunno.gif

marreyes38

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
what foundation are you using? are you setting it with a powder?

i used mac's foundation for a while but since it didnt work now im trying maybelline's mineral power liquid foundation...yes i set it with powder afterwards.
ssad.gif

i was thinking of getting FIX + since it finishes the make up and it has vitamins...what do you think?

user79

Fix+ isn't really a setting spray. I'd try out different foundations, maybe get samples first, and try a primer underneath. No makeup is going to stay perfectly in place for 24 hours btw. You can try different things to lengthen their durability, but eventually, they all fade and smudge a bit. That said, Maybelline isn't really well known for being very high quality. If you want something more long lasting, you might need to buy higher quality stuff.

masclet

Quote:
Originally Posted by marreyes38
i seriously dont know what to do...im literally out of ideas...i've tried different ways to make my makeup stay the whole day but it wont...after about 3 hours its almost all gone...primers havent worked...what should i do???
th_dunno.gif

Hi, I am very happy with my foundation. I use primer foundation (Laura Mercier and foundation double wear (EStee Lauder). Actually I use the primer foundation only at weekends; normally, with double wear I have enough.
If you can, try them. Good luck.
(sorry for my English, I´m Spanish)

marreyes38

Quote:
Originally Posted by masclet
Hi, I am very happy with my foundation. I use primer foundation (Laura Mercier and foundation double wear (EStee Lauder). Actually I use the primer foundation only at weekends; normally, with double wear I have enough.
If you can, try them. Good luck.
(sorry for my English, I´m Spanish)

oh great ill definitely look for the double wear fondation thanx so much
and no worrries about your englis
thmbup.gif

coconuts04963

I dont use a primer, I find it lessens the time my foundation stays actually, now I use an oil-free gel moisturizer (clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel), and this helps real well. Just a thin layer on clean skin. (I have normal/slightly oily skin)

ginger9

Sometimes less is more. It could be there's too many and too much layers on your face (moisturizer, primer etc) so that foundation isn't staying on your face. Your face almost becomes too "slippery" if you know what I mean.

Other suggestions I found to have really lasted.

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - expensive but really lasts.

Revlon Colorstay foundations - I've heard rave reviews about the long lasting ability but haven't tried myself yet.

aimee

estee lauder double wear is the way to go
and make sure you use a lightweight moisturizer underneath or else everything will fade faster

anita22

Definitely try a longwear foundation like MAC Studio Fix Fluid, or Estee Lauder Double Wear. Application can also sometimes help in terms of getting good wear - do you have a good foundation brush?

Also, if it is oily skin or sweat that is making the problem worse, I would recommend blotting sheets (e.g. the blue Clean & Clear ones).

trojanpopcorn

Hey! I work for estee lauder and would definately rec double wear- ots amazing! It should last about 14 hours, its has a matte finish and it really does stay on. I set with powder anyway though
smiles.gif