Makeup Artist Scam

caribprincess

I live in the caribbean and sometimes i feel people think we dont know much because we are limited to certain things anyway there is a girl here who "just came on the island" and is trying to sell Mac. She is telling me that she is selling 24 piece brush sets. I told her that Mac doesnt sell sets. She says that she is a Pro member and that Mac pro sells sets. Can anyone shed some light on this so i can let her know what time it is. TIA

LMD84

nope mac pro don't sell them. you were right - totally fake. it's sad but so many people try the 'it's pro' line :(

MACForME

The only "sets" MAC ever sells is around the holidays. But you can go on macpro.com and see what they have product wise. You're not blocked from looking.

Mac-Guy

The only "sets" MAC ever sells is around the holidays. But you can go on macpro.com and see what they have product wise. You're not blocked from looking.

Well, that's not true anymore. Since the Pro and regular site merged, non-pro members can't access the Pro site.

And brush sets come out on a continual basis (every two to three months), but these are usually only 3 - 5 pieces. But they are not restricted to the holiday collection. This 2011, we had brush sets from WW, Colorization, G&I, and I can't remember the name of the brush set that was in the black and white MU bags. But no, there are no 24 piece sets. However, in the past, Pro has sold student kits that had a variety of brushes (full size, not LE) in a larger kit.

glittergoddess27

Well for a while Pro and Nordstroms did offer brush rolls with maybe 5 full sized brushes in them but it was a very very limited thing, called "Pret-a-porte" or something like that. I have seen a ton of people advertising MAC brushes like this girl is trying to pass off on Ebay. Definitely not MAC products. :(

nukacola

I find this kinda sad actually. It's bad enough selling fake items, but knowingly selling them? Do these people have no guilt in them?

MAC stopped selling brush sets with full sized brushes in a while ago because people kept splitting them up and trying to exchange them or get a refund for them. They occasionally do brush sets mainly around the holidays but these don't have anywhere near that amount in them.. maybe like 6 at the most. To my knowledge they've never done a 24 brush set... even for pros.