Makeup Brushes

liza0183

Hi everyone!
Well on Thanksgiving someone broke into our car and stole my makeup/traincase with all my makeup, brushes and skin care products
ssad.gif

The brushes that I had were Sonia Kasuk and Stila but I am not in the money at the moment so I am looking at cheap way to replace my brushes. Here I am to come to the experts
smiles.gif
Please can you give me suggestions on some good quality brushes without the expensive price tag.

Thanks

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza0183
Hi everyone!
Well on Thanksgiving someone broke into our car and stole my makeup/traincase with all my makeup, brushes and skin care products
ssad.gif

The brushes that I had were Sonia Kasuk and Stila but I am not in the money at the moment so I am looking at cheap way to replace my brushes. Here I am to come to the experts
smiles.gif
Please can you give me suggestions on some good quality brushes without the expensive price tag.

Thanks

NYX has some really nice brushes

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/Main_Pages/Profile_B.htm

Enkore has some great ideas and I have bought all the paint brushes he recommended from Michaels! They work great!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D9lPfKzQAXE

Ulta has some good ones too. They came out with a new line of brushes that are much much softer.

hawaiian_mele

I'm so sorry to hear the bad news!
ssad.gif

I cannot believe someone would steal on Thanksgiving - some people!
nonono.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
NYX has some really nice brushes

http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/Main_Pages/Profile_B.htm

Enkore has some great ideas and I have bought all the paint brushes he recommended from Michaels! They work great!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=D9lPfKzQAXE

Ulta has some good ones too. They came out with a new line of brushes that are much much softer.

DEFINITELY agree!
smiles.gif

liza0183

Thanks to everyone for the help! I did go to Michael and bought 3 Artist brushes (they didn't have a great selection
smiles.gif
) so far I really luv them.

liza0183

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
Crown brushes may be cheap but they do get the job done.

I have been looking for this website!
Has anyone tried these? Which ones should I get? Like the type of hair & stuff there are tons on the website please help!
Thanks

Leilani78

oh no! i am so sorry to hear that. definitely check out enkore's video on artist brushes. i've tried it out for my eyeliners and they work out fine. However, i wanted to find an artist brush that is similar to a MAC 219, but i bought a nylon one and that didnt work out so well. also if you look on pursebuzz's website, there might be a coupon for an art store.

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza0183
I have been looking for this website!
Has anyone tried these? Which ones should I get? Like the type of hair & stuff there are tons on the website please help!
Thanks

I don't know the website, I just know they're hit or miss every once in awhile. While I haven't had issues with any of my fluffy ones in class, a few people have had handles fall off or extreme shedding. This is like 2 people that I know though. One of my small taklons came flying off b/c they weren't crimped. Then again, you get what you pay for.

I'll look for you tomorrow morning for the site.

liv

Essence of Beauty has a wide variety of brushes, and I've loved all the ones I've bought from them, especially the Kabuki (I have the newer version with blonde hair...it's SO soft), the Crease brushes, and the set of brushes (they're double-ended). I've heard the quality varies, but CVS has a great return policy and you can exchange it if you find it scratchy. For what it's worth, I've never had to do it, all of mine are soft and stay that way after many washings.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
Essence of Beauty has a wide variety of brushes, and I've loved all the ones I've bought from them, especially the Kabuki (I have the newer version with blonde hair...it's SO soft), the Crease brushes, and the set of brushes (they're double-ended). I've heard the quality varies, but CVS has a great return policy and you can exchange it if you find it scratchy. For what it's worth, I've never had to do it, all of mine are soft and stay that way after many washings.

Ditto to the Essence of Beauty brushes.

liza0183

Aww thanks for all the good suggestions, u know i finally broke down & bought the ones at Target again but u know what putting makeup is not the same with the new ones
ssad.gif
i feel i can't put it on no more maybe i have to wait to break them in. This is a very sad situation in my life ugh

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
I don't know the website, I just know they're hit or miss every once in awhile. While I haven't had issues with any of my fluffy ones in class, a few people have had handles fall off or extreme shedding. This is like 2 people that I know though. One of my small taklons came flying off b/c they weren't crimped. Then again, you get what you pay for.

I'll look for you tomorrow morning for the site.

Welcome to CrownBrush.com