Makeup Eraser - What Kind of Sorcery Is This?

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
* A press sample was provided to Specktra for review consideration.

Today, we're discussing the Makeup Eraser. It claims to "remove 100% of your makeup with water only". Does it really work?

Makeup-Eraser.jpg

I've read some mixed reviews, so I decided to use the Makeup Eraser for at least 6 weeks to see how well my skin reacts to it over time and how well it holds up after several washes. So, does it really work? Yes! I just use HOT water to wet the cloth, and it removes all traces of makeup (even waterproof mascara). It's like some kind of sorcery!

tumblr_nqittpY4b41u1vo97o1_500.gif

I use the front side of the cloth (with the short weave), moving gently in circular motions, to remove all of my makeup. Then I turn the cloth over (longer weave side) over to exfoliate. It cleanses the face without irritating the skin. If you're following a skin-care regimen, you can use the cloth with your facial cleanser or cleansing oil, and you'll find it more effective than washing with just your hands.

Although I didn't notice any chemical odor, I washed the cloth prior to use as instructed. The color didn't run or bleed. It has a nice hand-sewn sateen edge, so I wash it by hand after every use then I throw it in the wash (delicate cycle) on laundry days. After nearly two months, it still feels very soft and plush (not scratchy at all).

All in all, I give it two thumbs up!

Have you ever tried the Makeup Eraser? Did it work for you?

Where to buy: Makeup Eraser & Sephora

Last edited:

Marsha Pomells

I've been 50/50 about getting one, but if it cuts the amount of makeup wipes I buy and go through, I could give it a shot.

soonari

Thanks for the review! Thinking of getting one to try but I probably won't use it on a regular basis.