makeup for a purple cocktail dress...

Belini

Hey everyone, need your help again. I suck at matching my colours and it doesnt help I have so many eyeshadows!!

I have a deep purple cocktail dress and I'm hesitant to also go purple on the makeup. Any advice? Jewellery most probably silver or a metallic colour and shoes are a natural colour, almost nude. Dress is sleeveless. I'm trying to look for a photo but its a new season dress so its not even on the company's website yet. TIA!

glam8babe

this is just my personal preference but if i was wearing a purple dress i wouldn't match it with my eye makeup. I would probably go for a black/grey/silver smokey eye (this will match with your silver jewelry) and either pink or nude lips

hope that helps
smiles.gif

iluvmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
this is just my personal preference but if i was wearing a purple dress i wouldn't match it with my eye makeup. I would probably go for a black/grey/silver smokey eye (this will match with your silver jewelry) and either pink or nude lips

hope that helps
smiles.gif

I totally agree with this!!

anshu7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
I totally agree with this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe

hope that helps
smiles.gif

I agree too! silver is the way to go

Shaquille

Gold is cute too.. just to make it contrast.. soft gold or bronze like woodwinked, amber lights..

Brittni

Silver pigment (metal) with Violet... that'd be pretty
I'd say the orange route.. Firespot... if you're more colorful/adventerous

Latest posts