Makeup for Graduation - Yes? No?

alaylam

I was trying to come up with some soft & pretty makeup for my college graduation in a couple of weeks. I think this is the best so far... what do y'all think? Any other ideas?

face1-3.jpg

face2-3.jpg

lips2.jpg

eye.jpg

face3-3.jpg

Face:
Revlon skinlights - 01 natural light
Maybelline pure makeup - natural ivory
Annabelle duo blush - immortal coral
L'oreal glam bronze - enchanting sunrise

Lips:
(primed lips w/ maybelline & revlon face mu)
Maybelline colour extreme l/s - G53 buttercup
Covergirl smoothwear liptints - hint of honey

Eyes:
Maybelline expert wear e/s "Sunlit bronze" quad
Rimmel eye twist e/l - black
Covergirl volume exact mascara

lara

I'd cut down on the shimmer by at least half, on both eyes and face. You want your look to be classic, not something that will date quickly. General rule of thumb for important events that are going to be photographed is nothing too shimmery (especially your foundation), nothing too fashion-based, and keep it neutral. Aim for something timeless.
smiles.gif

Also look at reducing how high the bronze colour comes up towards your browbone, or find a good matte or satin highlight colour to blend it out into. I can see a distinct line where the copper ends, so soften that harsh line by reducing how high the bronze goes and then using that extra space to get a really nice graduated blend.

HTH!

alaylam

thanks for the comments ladies! and lara - you picked up on something that I really have a hard time with with my eyes. They're very deep set and there's very little room between my eyebrow and my *deep* crease. If the coppery colour was any lower it would get lost in the crease, and there's barely any room to get the "nice graduated blend" you're talking about. I do agree the look would be softer if I didn't have that line of copper around the outer sides of my lids. Any suggestions on how to do what you said with really deep set eyes?