Makeup for Prom

robyn

Hello,

I plan on doing my own makeup for prom, and just wanted some help picking out some products. I want to do a retro 50's look, like the picture below. I am really interested in trying some Chanel products, so if you have any recommendations from that line, that would be fantastic! I have very fair skin, blue/green eyes and dark brown hair. My dress is a bright red (I'll post a picture below), so I am also wondering if a red lip would be a little too much? I was thinking maybe a sheer red gloss (I'd prefer a gloss to a lip stick) What I am really looking for is eyeshadow, black liner (I have really oily lids!), blush and a gloss. I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Thank you!

1193736.JPG

My dress looks exactly like hers:
1144931.JPG

1144930.JPG

purrtykitty

If you want that liner, then you should get the Chanel liner pen, and stick with a pale sandy colored shadow. Just let the liner hold the look. For cheeks, a standard pale pink blush would not detract from the liner, but you could also do a nude blush, as well. I agree that sheer red lips would be better than red lipstick. It would look more youthful. I'm sure that there is a red Aqualumiere gloss you could get that would be perfect.