Makeup for very dark skin.

Kels823

'ello!
wavey.gif

I have a friend who has very dark skin. She recently asked me to pick out a lippie for her. She was choosing very BRIGHT colors.. which Im sure is fine in some cases. But shes a mature professional woman. Bright lippies dont really work for her lifestyle. I chose a dark cinnamon color (by revlon, cant find it online for a swatch) and I think it compliments her well. Newho, I would actually like to take the time and teach her how to do an entire face. She wears like a frosty kind of champagne e/s each day w/ mascara, the bright lippie and thats about it. I would like to soften her look, keep her mature but professional. Very classic.

The first thought that came to my mind was rose tones - Clean skin w/ a little strobe cream for glow, Cranberry e/s w/ BlckTrck to line, very light dusting of Ambering Rose on Apples, some kinda berry for the lips. I dont have alot of experience working w/ this dark of a skin tone so I was looking for more ideas, suggestions, etc., so she wont get bored w/ this look quickly.

Thx so much!!!
greengrin.gif

MAC_Pixie04

For dark skin I find that warm berry colors are very suitable. They don't usually come off too ashy, which is good because you don't want to cast a gray on someone so dark, it becomes more obvious.
For lipstick, I suggest if she likes bright colors, go for glosses or sheer formula lipsticks. They're less jarring and it'll be easier for her to find colors that don't disappoint. But for a professional setting, I would try a nice sheer stain or something that will give a hint of color, but won't put too much focus on the face. Essentially for professional, mature makeup, you want it to look like you're barely wearing it.