Makeup Forever

SpareMyHeart

Hey everyone,

Well before I start I just want to say that I looked through past threads and didn't find anything regarding my question, but if i'm wrong and there has been something posted referring to or similar to my question feel free to redirect me.
thmbup.gif

So I was wondering if anyone can tell me what qualification do you need to apply for a position at MUFE.

How strict are they when it comes to applying non-license makeup artists?

What if you hardly have any makeup experience and wish to learn from within the company(meaning if they hired you, you would gain the experience from working on clients.)

Is there anything specific there looking for?

I know each company is different, so what kind of expectations should one have?(Any tips on how to go about applying for this specific company is greatly apprechiated as well)

Thanks for looking!
clap.gif
smiles.gif

giz2000

Here's my understanding of MUFE SAs...you would be working almost exclusively at Sephora...it's almost like freelance work, because it's not a steady gig. I don't think it matters whether or not you have a MA license, because you won't be doing too many applications, other than to demonstrate the products. One of my old MAC coworkers currently works for MUFE as an account rep, so that's where I got the info...HTH some!

MisStarrlight

These are just my observations, since I don't really know for sure.

MUFE stand alone stores are near impossible to get into. I don't know anyone that works there personally so I don't really know their process, but I believe that you have to be really involved in the professional makeup world-they seem to have a ton of professional clients & are always doing private orders.

MUFE at Sephora-you'd have to go through Sephora & then yo'd be working for a bunch of lines at once.

giz2000

Then the job would be similar to the ones at Sephora...your best bet is to ask the manager at the Bay to let you know the job requirements...good luck!

lilchocolatema

I was wondering the same thing, because I wanted to work at the MUFE store in NYC. I'll ask them when I get there, then I'll let you know. They may need freelancers!

MAC_Pixie04

I would assume that to work in a MUFE boutique/freestanding store, you would need quite a bit of artistry skill/product knowledge. It's really a makeup artist's line. Though it is sold in a consumer market (Sephora) the majority of the products are products that only a professional would use, so a professional should be the one selling it.

lilchocolatema

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
I would assume that to work in a MUFE boutique/freestanding store, you would need quite a bit of artistry skill/product knowledge. It's really a makeup artist's line. Though it is sold in a consumer market (Sephora) the majority of the products are products that only a professional would use, so a professional should be the one selling it.

Yes, I definitely agree. Since celebs and high fashion/editorial artists come in the boutique all the time, I'm sure they dont want people with little experience. Hey, I've been with MAC for over a year now, but the skill of the artists that work there is SERIOUS! I don't wanna put myself down, but I doubt I'd be able to work there...:confused:

SpareMyHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
Yes, I definitely agree. Since celebs and high fashion/editorial artists come in the boutique all the time, I'm sure they dont want people with little experience. Hey, I've been with MAC for over a year now, but the skill of the artists that work there is SERIOUS! I don't wanna put myself down, but I doubt I'd be able to work there...:confused:

I guess i'll have to wait a few more years
weeping.gif

But dont put yourself down, your working at MAC remember
graucho.gif

lilchocolatema

LOL...well we will see how good I really am if I ever get called to any of the stores/counters in NYC! That makes me SUPER nervous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareMyHeart
I guess i'll have to wait a few more years
weeping.gif

But dont put yourself down, your working at MAC remember
graucho.gif

LatinaRose

I visit the MUFE counter at Sears in Toronto quite often. MUFE is different in Canada than in the states. It's more widely available with counters at Sears and The Bay (dept stores). Discount available at counters too
clap.gif
Yay for pans and palettes from MUFE!!

Anyway, I was speaking to the makeup artist at their counter and she told me, yes, you do have to have some sort of formal training to work at the MUFE counter. Some girls work at other counters, but assist at MUFE when it's busy.

lilchocolatema

I talked to Karith (sp?) at the MUFE boutique in NYC, and she said that the only positions right now are for regional artists, but they are all filled. Now that they have In-house PR, their visibility and popularity will soar, so they may need freelancers in the future! Good luck !!!