Makeup on carry-ons

enviable

So I'm going to be going to asia this summer but not sure what you can take on your carryon....

makeup brushes should be fine right? i can't risk losing my brushes in my luggage..TIA

macmistress

Take all your powders, minerals, e/s pigments in hand. never send it on the belt.

and send your liquids through in your luggage. cos you dontwant messed up e/s. My gold depositwas smashed.
ssad.gif

M.A.C. head.

When I moved from California to Virginia in the beginning of May, I took my small train case as carry-on and I had no problems. I had face cream, make up remover, mixing medium and things of that nature in there and I had no issues.

I think the guidelines allow nothing over 3oz of liquid, but if it's like 5oz they don't really care.

It could also have been that I was flying all the way across the country with a 1 year old, and they didn't want to give me any problems LOL But you never know.

purrtykitty

Yeah...anything that's not a liquid you should have no problem. The thing I really had trouble with was lipgloss...at one airport it wasn't a liquid, but at another they said it was. They were very nice about it, but you should be aware!

Shenanigans

I'm flying tomorrow, so I did some research on this yesterday.

"Passengers are permitted to bring liquids, gels and aerosols through security screening at airports provided that the items are packaged in containers with a capacity of 100 ml / 100 grams (3.4 oz) or less, and that the containers fit comfortably in one clear, closed and resealable plastic bag with a capacity of no more than 1 litre (1 quart). The approximate dimensions of a one litre/quart bag are 15.24 cm by 22.86 cm (6 in. by 9 in.) or 20 cm by 17.5 cm (8 in. by 7 in.). One bag per passenger is permitted."

The rules are the same for US and Canada. Try this link, it tells you what makeup is allowed in carry on.
smiles.gif

Approved Items List

glam8babe

why doesnt everyone just put makeup in their luggage? if i ever need to touch up i go to the duty free where all the nice high end makeup is and touch up with clean products but apply with my finger rather than straight out the tube or using the wand. so much easier!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe
why doesnt everyone just put makeup in their luggage? if i ever need to touch up i go to the duty free where all the nice high end makeup is and touch up with clean products but apply with my finger rather than straight out the tube or using the wand. so much easier!

I don't because I'd be friggin' pissed if my luggage got lost. When I pack, I never pack anything that I don't mind being lost. I try and carry-on as much as possible, but sometimes on long trips it's impossible to avoid it. In that situation, I still take as big of a carry-on as I can and I stuff it full of my "I'd-die-if-they-were-lost" items.

Shenanigans

I'm only carrying on my usual touch up stuff that lives in my purse - powder, eyeliner, concealer, lipgloss (things on me that tend to melt, lol!) I'm going to take my 15 pan palette too because I'd be devastated if the eyeshadows were broken or lost and I can't afford to replace things right now. Everything else can go in my luggage.