Makeup rec for attending wedding

me_jelly

I'll be attending an evening wedding in the summer and will be wearing a jewel toned teal dress (the color is a very rich) with silver shoes and was wondering what to do with my makeup - I don't want the eyes to be too bold in color for this occasion (I have brown eyes).

I was thinking maybe softer corals/peaches for blush and lips, but have no idea what to do with my eyes (i'm guessing teals/greens/blues would be too much)

thanks!

Jess-ee-ka

I wouldn't do a heavy teal/green eye, especially not for daytime. I think it would be a tad overkill. However, you could do something a little more interesting thats kinda subdued. I would suggest (depending on your eye colour of course) doing a slightly pinkish neutral or peachy neutral eye then playing with a teal liner or something. I sometimes even do a gold eye with some light teal eyeshadow just on my bottom waterline to add a little spice. Then you can always touch up and deepen for an evening reception...When is this wedding?

knoxydoll

I agree with the gold rec. Maybe do a little bit of peach and gold to go with the blush you wanted.

lotus

i like jess-ee-ka's suggestion of the gold eye with a little teal and for the evening, you can deepen it a bit. sounds like it would match your dress well and be the perfect match!

me_jelly

Hi guys, great ideas about the corals and teal liner, love it...definitely going to try those suggestions =)

d_flawless

neutral in crease, muted highlight color (like vanilla, cuz it's not too shimmery or frosty), and a subtle color with a hint of glimmer on lid, like silver ring. i'd line with a pewter pencil (there's a good tecknakohl that i can't name at the moment that'd be awesome), and smudge it with print e/s...keep the lashes demure and the rest of your face soft and pretty, corals/peaches like u mentioned would rock with the rest...good luck!

Latest posts