Makeup, recommend me something!

myrifle

hey! I really like to hear if you guys have any recommendations or opinions on what I should do with my makeup. I do the same thing everyday! its gettin boring
ssad.gif
I'd like to branch out into color but i dont know where to start. Here's some pictures of me so you get an idea of my coloring. I do pretty thick eyelining by itself though, i should probably tone it down for the eye color to show lol

very smiley:
mememeemememe.jpg

thats actually my natural lip color, sometimes its lighter and sometimes darker :confused:
not as smiley lol this is what i do usually everyday.
meme.jpg
please excuse the farmer tan thing i've got going
lol.gif

I'm mainly looking for eyeshadow stuff as I don't bother with lip color unless I have to. any opinions? Do you think I would i look too tacky with eyeshadow?

MissMarley

i think you should try some sheer brights- like a pale blue or lavender, even pale greenish yellows- check out the new stuff in the culturebloom collection, and some pretty sheer pink or peachy blush- maybe dame, dollymix, peachykeen, or fleur power.

myrifle

thank you! Thats great to hear, I have some pale lavendar purples already that I never really use 8^) I don't know about pale blue or green yet, though hehe. and thanks for bringing up blush I never really thought about it. It seems whenver i wear blush its so noticeable *squint* even with my skinfinish, i hope its just my eyes. again, thank you for your advice MissMarley!!

mandirigma

i agree with the lavender suggestion. also, you can never go wrong with light pinks!

p.s. you're super cute!

myrifle

Quote:
check out the new stuff in the culturebloom collection

I just did *eeps* sounds like everythings gonna be pretty! but can anyone please give me some of their knowledge,
lol.gif
is a bright lavendar a light lavender or is it darker?

MissMarley

look at the different pics of the culturebloom products as compared to swatches of regular mac shadows on their site- lavender sky is more of a bright lavender, as compared to digit or crystal which are very light lavenders or lilacs. that doesn't mean that you can't apply a brighter lavender sheerly- it's just more of a *pop* for your eyes- but with a light hand and good blending, it's very flattering

theleopardcake

if you like dark eye makeup (assuming from your thick eyelining), i think you'd look brilliant with a shimmery (highly pigmented) dark blue...or even an olive. I am currently on the quest of discovering the perfect blue as well and i'm sorry that i cannot give you any suggestions =/ If you like shimmery eye makeup, try urban decay's. they're beautiful!