Makeup recs for an outfit - something a little different

Growing Wings

I'm off to a goth night on Saturday. I did the goth thing many years ago, and feel like rocking it again, but I'm completely stumped on the makeup thing. I don't want to look like a teenage goth. I want something a little more....sophisticated and grown up. Does anyone have any ideas or inspiration pictures? I'll be wearing black jeans, a black top and a black under-bust corset. I'd love to hear how you ladies would do this!

ForgetRegret

I would go for a really dark (basically, just gradients of black), vampy smokey eye with a brow highlight that has just a little pop of color to keep it from being TOO monochrome...something like pink opal p/g (I ADORE this color), Motif e/s, etc. If you want to do the pale thing, maybe mix a little white into your foundation, just so you get a bit lighter, rather than full-on "Hi, I'm wearing white face paint, because I'm sooooooo goth." Don't do much with the cheeks, just a bit of pink blush and cheekbone highlight so your face doesn't look flat.
smiles.gif
Go for a dark sexy lip, something like Underworld, Desire, Media, or even Cyber if you're feeling REALLY dark and daring. Slick on a nice clear gloss, and I think you'd have a pretty version of goth.
greengrin.gif

HTH!

Growing Wings

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

ForgetRegret, luckily I'm already pretty pale! You've just reminded me that I've been wanting an excuse to buy Underworld l/s for a while now. Might have to take a trip to the MAC counter tomorrow!
greengrin.gif

I've just checked out Adora Batbrat's vids and her lace technique looks so pretty! And I'm totally in love with the chanel promo images. I think I'm going to have to spend some time playing with my makeup!