Re: Makeup Show 2007

I wanna go SO bad, but Im so far away
weeping.gif

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
There's always the LA show at least!

True, but I'm planning on moving to Florida, so then I'll be on the opposite side of the world for that one too
rofl.gif

aeni

Then there's always next year! And if you say "I'll be in Pakistan then", then I'll just lose all optimism.

Holly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeni
Then there's always next year! And if you say "I'll be in Pakistan then", then I'll just lose all optimism.

rofl.gif
rofl.gif

DEFINITELY going next year. And NOTHINGS gonna stop me!! haha

SARAHluvsMAC

haha, my best friend always says "the motherland always gets in my way of being with you" because anytime she has a bday party or another big event im in pakistan

mistella

Oooo.. I might go because I'm suppose to go to NY this year. When is the LA one??

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
!!! i will be there !!! we should have a little specktra lunch there (yes im a loser)

Hahaha, me too...cause that was my first thought
clap.gif

martygreene

IMATS is June 23-24. I haven't decided if I'm going to IMATS yet- basically it's if I can find somewhere super cheap to stay in both NY and LA.

martygreene

Re: Imats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
Is anyone going to this? has anyone been before? is it worth going?

http://makeupartistshow.net/

That's IMATS, the LA show people are talking about above as well. I'm hoping to go, though it depends on flight/lodging prices for the NY show and IMATS.

It's definately worth going to the trade shows if you are working in the industry, I try to go to both when at all possible.

I strongly encourage anyone in school for makeup work, or who will be graduating this year, to enter the IMATS competitions. It's a great experiance and a WONDERFUL means of getting visibility.

caffn8me

Last weekend was IMATS Europe. I went last year but couldn't attend this year. I'd certainyl say it's worth going. Lots of interesting seminars and demonstrations and plenty of opportunity to network.

martygreene

Well here's an... interesting bit of news. IMATS LA this year won't be in it's usual building, but rather will be in a giant tent OUTSIDE, on top of the underground parking lot.

All I have to say is I hope to g-d they have some method of cooling the darn thing. Not just for our sakes, but for the sake of all the vendors' product!