makeup to suit me?

leenabutt

hey everyone
smiles.gif

i would just like to know what colors would suit me.

another thing--i can't determine what type of eyes i have on
my own what kind of eyes i have (deep set etc) so i would
greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me how to do my
eye makeup (whether or not i should put eyeliner on bottom
or top etc)

thank you in advance

masad

you have beautiful eyes!!
i am not an expert but i can tell you from what i have learned!
the pic is not frontal but it seems you have almond shaped eyes(and they are perfect type) you can do anything with them!!
greengrin.gif

for you..trio e/s will look really good!! like try putting three shades!!lighter,medium and darker...
any color will look good as long as you apply it with technique!!

eyeliner..give a wing to the liner at the end..that will make your eyes more enchanting!!!

as far as putting liner at the bottom is concerned..if you have steady hand then that works!! but you know what works better than that..its putting a darker color eyeshadow!! really thats much better!!
you get those sponge tip with eyeshadows.like these
11KTHM9QPBL._AA160_.jpg

just grab one of these..and rub the edge on the e/s...the pointed end...
and just line your eyes(underline) it gives more of a smokey effect and it compliments the e/s on top!!

well..this is what i think would look good..but there are many expert members here who can recommend techniques that will really help you
smiles.gif

just have fun with makeup!! and pratice!!!!

for an eye makeup..the only thing very very important is to BLEND!! yes..blending the e/s is very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy important!!

lilMAClady

Hi, we have the same kind of eyes! Large, almond shaped and brown!! As the previous post said, you can do any and everything with them!! Pick colors you are attracted to. Being young, means there are no rules. If you like hot green eyeshadow and you like lining your bottom line and so forth, go ahead. You are completely boundless, so I say pick your fave three colors and the lightest of the 3 put on your brow bone, the medium toned all over your lid, and the darkest in your crease and outer corner, and under your bottom lashes. Or for a less dramatic effect, you can use the light or midtone color down there instead. Hope this helps!!

nunu

any colour would suit your eyes. It depends on what you like and which colours you feel comfortable with. I love blues and when i see people wearing blues i just love it! But I still find it hard to wear blues and thats because im not used to it and im a bit self conscious. Hope this helps
smiles.gif

leenabutt

thank you, everyone!

okay because i know people say putting white eyeshadow
in the inner corner makes your eyes appear larger, and my
eyes are already big so would that look weird? and if i do apply
white in the inner corner, do i blend it with eyeliner on my
bottom lid?

janwa09

You have lovely big almond shaped eyes! And what's great about them is that you can line them (define them) without making your eyes too small.

You also don't have to always use white shadow to highlight the inner corners of your eyes...you can just use the lightest e/s that you've used for your look be it in whatever color
smiles.gif

I also think that a smokey eye would look great on you!

belldandy13

any colour would show up well on your skintone so try out whatever appeals to you.

i think that greens & golds would look amazing though like humid or swimming and amberlights or gorgeous gold. and as previously stated, lining your eyes top & bottom with a nice extended wing would give u a nice enchanting look
winks.gif

leenabutt

thanks again, everyone!

on a sidenote, the picture's flash actually makes me look lighter than i am. the color around my eyes is the color of my skin. i have no idea why the camera makes everything but that area look lighter lol

j_absinthe

Purples, blues, and bronzes would look very cute on you IMO, perhaps together.

Maybe something golden/bronzy (like Amber Lights) on the lid and inner corner, some pale gold (Rose Blanc) above the crease, a deep blue (Flashtrack, Blue Storm) on the lashlines, and a deeper purple (Nocturnell, Fertile) in the outer v.

Just one of many ideas.

leenabutt

okay i'm going out to buy makeup today with my friend.
i have combination skin. normal/dry everywhere and normal
in my t-zone. if i bought a powder, would that be okay?
because someone told me liquid foundation is better for
dry skin, and powder for oily skin. but i hate using liquid.

i was thinking clinique's clarifying powder compact or their
perfectly real compact.

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenabutt
okay i'm going out to buy makeup today with my friend.
i have combination skin. normal/dry everywhere and normal
in my t-zone. if i bought a powder, would that be okay?
because someone told me liquid foundation is better for
dry skin, and powder for oily skin. but i hate using liquid.

i was thinking clinique's clarifying powder compact or their
perfectly real compact.

There's nothing wrong with powder, however you should have a good brush to buff it into your skin and make it blend well, otherwise if you use a puff or a sponge you'll always look to made up.

I wore Clinique's Clarifying Powder, I think it was like the second powder foundation I tried, but I didn't like their shade selection, you can't apply it in your eye area, it will dry it out bad.

As for powder being best for oily skin, today's foundation formulas for oily skin (liquid) are perfectably wearable, like Mat Velvet + from Make Up For Ever, or Armani's Mat Silk or the highly raved Estee Lauder Double Wear.