Makeup you don't like

elb154

I couldn't find anything on this, but I didn't know where to look either.

I have some makeup, an eyeshadow, but mostly lipsticks that I got and I don't like them. Most of them are frosty or glittery ones I got when I first started collecting not realizing what they were. I'm looking for ideas of something I can use these for so that they don't go to waste. Any recommendations would be helpful.

RedRibbon

If the eye shadows are not overly glittery then you could use them as highlighters for your face in general and your eye makeup.

Not too sure about the lipsticks, which colours do you have them in? Depending on how glittery you like your blush you could either melt them down and use them as blush or apply streaks to your cheeks and blend like a fiend.

elb154

I only have one eyeshadow so far.. Moonflower
Lipsticks are Honey Moon, Fast Thrill, Lollipop Loving (Looks Awful on me), and a few others.

They aren't as bad when I mix them with a plain neutral but I was looking for a few other ideas... it's hard to reapply when you're out when you've used several lipsticks.

Thanks!

User38

When I have a frosted lipstick which I don't like I will generally nuke it -- seems the microwave makes the flakes float up and then I scoop them out with a spatula. So far I have rescued two lippies.. not much, but I can use them better as a stain/lippie with a semi frost
greengrin.gif

Makeup Emporium

Or if you really don't like them you can sell them or trade them here on Specktra in the sale/swap forum. Maybe you can trade for colours that you prefer.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by elb154
I only have one eyeshadow so far.. Moonflower
Lipsticks are Honey Moon, Fast Thrill, Lollipop Loving (Looks Awful on me), and a few others.

They aren't as bad when I mix them with a plain neutral but I was looking for a few other ideas... it's hard to reapply when you're out when you've used several lipsticks.

Thanks!

OMG...wait...you hate Moonflower? From Illamasqua? How are you using it? I bought it too, and it's the most freaking amazingly awesome brow highlight I've ever had. ...I use the 224 to apply and blend out my brow highlights, because it applies a very light wash of color. Maybe that'll help you like it better?

As for the lipsticks, I know someone would probably take lollipop loving off your hands, and you could always try melting down the others and mixing them with other colors to make something you DO like.
smiles.gif
GL!

elb154

My Moonflower is a blue color.

Thanks for the mixing idea. I just bought some containers to put them in so I will try that out with a few. Thanks!

simplyenchantin

Yah Moonflower is a pretty almost pale blue MAC colour.. have you tried using it with a base underneath?? Maybe Rollickin' or Delft paint pot.. they should change the way the colour appears and you might like the look! Goodluck!