making colors vibrant

miss_supra

I have been looking at a lot of FOTDs recently and notice how a lot of people can pack on the color to make them show up well. No matter how much I practice my colors are still very washed hot. I do use shadesticks and sometimes paints as bases.

What are your suggestions or techniques to pack on color that isn’t washed out?

VioletB

Try urban decay primer potion.. that makes my colors really pop! You can also use it under paint and shadesticks..

Also play around with different brushes and figure out the ones that work best for you.
smiles.gif

pahblov

Try a base like UDPP or a paint and then try patting colour on with a denser brush like the 239 and going back and blending with a good blending brush like the 217 afterwards.

peacelover18

Personally, one of the reasons I prefer pigments to eyeshadows is that they are much more vibrant, especially if you use them wet. So maybe give pigments a try.

knoxydoll

I find paints often muddy up a look. Especially if it's one of the neutrals. I'd try using a different base and don't be afraid to keep adding colour. The only other thing I can suggest is to try foiling. That's when you apply an all over lid shade wet (not with water), and then let it dry a little then add your dry powders to that.

Shimmer

Foiling makes a look super shiny, IMO, which isn't always a desirable look.

Packing the shadow on with a dense brush yields the best results, IME.

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I second the 239 brush for making colors pop! I had the same problem and then I used the 239 and all of a sudden my shadows were so much more vibrant!

VDUB*BELLA

I've had some horrible brushes that do not pick up any shadow AT ALL. I would suggest what the other girls said - try a nice dense brush. It will make such a difference. 213 or 239 are great for that

imperfectbeauty

239 is a great brush for packing on color. sometimes using two bases can help as well. i've noticed pigments are very vibrant so you could try to use those plus they last forever. but really it all depends on the base and brush that you use.