Making liner STAY.

Whisperwar

Hi guys,

Needed some help on this issue. My eyes aren't particularly watery, but NOTHING lasts on my waterline. It just smudges under my eye! I've tried so many different products, including 24/7 liner in zero which I bought just because of the rave on here about how long lasting it is. Also, I bought She-laq by Benefit, but I find whatever amount of product I use it just fades the colours in place and looks weird. Doesn't help much with staying power either.

I'm relatively new to the whole makeup world, and am just starting to build my collection.

Can you guys recommend any tips or tricks or products?
Thanks a lot
smiles.gif

x

highonmac

I find that putting a little black eyeshadow like carbon does seem to help set it and stay put. I just use a dense smudger brush and gentle press the shadow over top the liner.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

jennifer.

same problem.

carbon works okay but it irritates my contacts so the next best thing i've found is the l'oreal HIP loose kohls. that stuff has become HG status for me because it's the only thing that stays for hours at a time without screwing with my contacts.

L1LMAMAJ

No liner has ever stayed on my lower lashline even if i put a bit of UDPP or p/p under it. I am still looking for the perfect liner. My eyes aren't necessarily too watery and my skin isn't very oily so I don't know what the problem is.
ssad.gif

The best ones I've used so far that have been decent is the UD 24/7 liner and Stila Smudge pot. Try to smudge the liner with a MAC 219 brush so it will smudge less later in the day.

TISH1124

^^Yes...I put BlackTrack on and it goes everywhere...feline etc...I look crazy Raccoonish shortly after

I use mine dry ....

minni4bebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^Yes...I put BlackTrack on and it goes everywhere...feline etc...I look crazy Raccoonish shortly after

I use mine dry ....

Great, I'l be placing a PRO order tomorrow then bc I just gave up on waterlines! LOl, thanks Tish!

Whisperwar

Wow, thanks guys. This is been so useful
smiles.gif

Tish, what kind of brush do you use with the pro creme liners?

no One likes the liquidlast liners?? I am such a fan of them. yes the brush isnt all that much of a help but its not so bad... and it last all freakin day for me...idk

nursee81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I use the MAC Pro Creme Liner and it does not budge

MAC PRO | Creme Liner

Tish do you use it on your waterline? I was going to buy it last time I was at pro but the MA didn't know if it would stay on the water line good.

TISH1124

Yes I use it on my waterline ....I use the 212, 266 or 263 ....which ever one is handy first to be honest...Everytime I get a makeover my MA uses it on my waterline...I normally uses blacktrack on my upper and set it with e/s...I really only uses the creme on my waterline....Sometimes I use it on the upper...but I don't use it there really because I don't have a smudge prob..and I try not to waste it

MissResha

tish i'm gonna have to try that too. i mean, i can get my waterline to stay put IF i pack black eyeshadow on top OR put some powder on my lower lash line to stop it from bleeding into the lil cracks, but ugh i hate packing on blk e/s because a few specks ALWAYS get in my eyball o_O

how much is that cremeliner btw?

jennifer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3773519
no One likes the liquidlast liners?? I am such a fan of them. yes the brush isnt all that much of a help but its not so bad... and it last all freakin day for me...idk

ouch, using liquidlast on the waterline is asking for a clogged tear duct or worse. it's basically a polymer (plastic) and is definitely not made for the waterline.

thanks tish for the pro liner recommendation, definitely going to try that and see how it compares to the HIP loose kohls!

jennifer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintia
hip loose kohls? I goota check that

yep! today my eyes are watering more than normal and 9 hours later it's still on--with the exception of the outer corners of my eyes a little (which never fails to come off first no matter what you use). it's pretty much made for the waterline because to my knowledge, loose kohl isn't advertised for regular lining.

i'd check out the mac pro liner tish recommended as well!

jennifer.

update--i bought the pro creme liner the other day and i don't know if it's because it's water activated but it pretty much slid off my waterline immediately & ended up all under my eyelashes so i've decided to stick to the HIP loose kohls.

so disappointed because i wanted the mac one to work for me. i haven't tried it as a regular liner yet, so i'm not giving up on it completely.

so far, HIP remains HG status for not getting all over my contacts and pretty much lasting all day.