Making money from home? (internet jobs)

iio

I found this website called workinghomeusa.com I guess you can make money with google...and you have to sign up and pay monthly. Depending on the job, like if you do data entry, you can earn $150-$500 a day...is this just another scam website? has anyone earned some money from the internet? I want to make a second income...like do secret shopping or even this to make a little extra money...but I'm not sure if these are real websites. Does anyone know any trusted websites that can help you make another income?

NutMeg

I know nothing about this, but the idea of paying monthly when you want to make money immediately sets off my suspicions.

ashk36

i second that. i would be really wary about any work at home internet jobs, especially ones you have to pay for, or that ask for your credit card or anything like that. they all seem to be bogus. i wonder if you could find something legit through the better business bureau? good luck. if you find something for real, let us know. i'd love to make some extra cash!

TISH1124

I have seen that before ...They claim you are paying for their job leads....Well heck what if the leads don't lead nowhere??
Gimme my Money Back!!

Holy Rapture

Oh, pl dont get into this. I've had one of my friends get into this during college. He and his friends worked their ass off just so they could go for a trip. They paid some 100-200$ and after working for a month or so realised there was nobody or nothing on the other end!
nonono.gif
And nobody could help since there was no trace, even the cyber police gave up!
angry.gif
So, instead of earning, they were bloody robbed of what they had!! But anyhow, in case you really wanna go ahead and try something, do a proper research first. You dont wanna get robbed now!
thmbup.gif

kariii

I've always wondered if there was such a thing as this online that can help make some xtra cash, I'd love to do it as well. Let me know what you come up with.

Kayteuk

Okay well dont touch herballife with anything, they are a complete con and my friend nearly got sucked in. Most "work from home jobs" are pyramid schemes. And not worth the time
ssad.gif

blondemafia76

I have worked from home for 3 years, the last 2 with the same company. Its an actual job, you go to everyday and get paid for. You dont pay to work, or for leads. Basically what we do is customer service support for a few big name companies (think worst buy.... BLANK warner cable...). Its like working in a call center- only at home. You dont make sales calls, these are customers calling the company for various customer support reasons.
I started out as an agent there, and have quickly progressed up the totem pole to a whole other department (Im basically a number cruncher and paid tattle tale, LOL)> I have worn many hats with the co- and increased my pay and responsibility along the way. The only thing you "pay" for to work there- is your headset, and thats deducted from your paycheck in increments.
I make a GREAT living.

There are other work at home jobs that are LEGITIMATE and not a scam. The trouble is finding them. Its hard. The one thing to keep in mind, is that you should NEVER EVER pay to work somewhere.

check out this site for good places to work- it sorts thru the BS-

Work Place Like Home

its a forum that tells you how to apply to varuous jobs and all of the gory details.

I have to tell you though the biggest mistake people make coming onto a company like the one that I work for is this, they dont treat it like an on site job. They think- oh great no babysitting and I can show up when I want. This is not the case. I love working from home bc my kids are older and can handle it- plus Im over night- but I have worked harder here than in any other job. It takes discipline to work from home. Im just sayin is all.

If anyone wants details about who I work for, pm me- I can tell you more and how to apply.
smiles.gif

jdechant

I would also love to see more posts on how you could make..hmm..how do I put it "MAC cash" on the side..lol...something that is legit that you could do from home (part time) I admit its hard to weed through all the Bull on the internet...I think this is a great thread to get people's experiences out there so people can have an idea of what is the real deal and what isn't. I've been in some cases where friends have tried those google ad posts etc...have to pay for this and that...BOLOGNA!! As well as working for a financial institution, I have seen many people scammed to wire money for "prizes" and what not...the bad thing is, is once you wire that money, in most cases you can't get it back...

hawaii02

My friend almost got scammed by a guy because he wanted money wired for purchases she was to make (as part of the "job"). Be careful who you answer to if it's an internet ad.

jdechant

Lets put it this way, If they want money wired...or send cheques for you to wire it to them, ITS ALWAYS A SCAM!!