making your own custom colours

orodwen

here's the one i just did. i put bare venus on then layered modum over it. it looks like a slightly lighter version of vista, if any of you remember what it looked like.
smiles.gif
an older one that i got from a sweet mua buddy of mine is TF glamorous life over bitter. gorgeous!

do you have custom blends that you either got from someone else or created yourself?

fluffy.gif

Sprout

I've mixed Jah Moka Lipglass Tasti with Hi Resin Rose Lipglass Stain and came up with a slightly darker version of VGV Lipglass.

I mixed Golden Lemon and Dark Soul pigments together and to my surprise, it didn't mute down the Golden Lemon, but gave me a wearable olivey brown shade. I was surprised, but delighted at the discovery.

I've also mixed Stilife paint with Coco pigment and came up with a Dabble paint lookalike.

jokers_kick

When I want VGV to have a bit more color, I dab a bit of ruby woo in the middle with my finger...it comes off really pretty and sheer.

Also if you mix bright fuschia pigment with the clear lipglass, it makes a beautiful bright pink lipgloss.

SonRisa

I made some amazing lip colors from the pigment sets

Sapalicious and Naked
Dewy Jube and Blue Brown pigment (looks kinda like Spanish Fly but better)
Lu-Be-Lu and Rose
Lila Crush and Kitchmas
Lu-Be-Lu and Teal - yea, it sounds weird, but looks oh so HOT!

Miss_Behave

yes, when I use Spite lipglass and want it a bit more intense and with better staying power I dab Trax on top of it, looks great!

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonRisa
I made some amazing lip colors from the pigment sets

Sapalicious and Naked
Lu-Be-Lu and Rose
Lila Crush and Kitchmas
Lu-Be-Lu and Teal - yea, it sounds weird, but looks oh so HOT!

I though Naked, Kitschmas and Teal weren't lip safe? That's what they wrote on the box... but what can happen if you apply it on your lips if it's not lip safe?

PrettyKitty

- Canton Candy Paint with a clear lipgloss
- Beauté LipGlass with Sandy B. lipstick
- Naturally Eccentric with Mad Cap (Gorgeous pale and nude lips!)

And I'm not sure if I can write this one, but it's still 'making my own custom colors':

- True Chartreuse mixed with a foundation (For olive girls only!)

Joke

Since Hepcat is rather unwearable
smiles.gif
, I mix it with Shu Rainbown Y900 and get the prettiest color ( a bit like pink bronze!)

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
I though Naked, Kitschmas and Teal weren't lip safe? That's what they wrote on the box... but what can happen if you apply it on your lips if it's not lip safe?

This should help explain things about what can happen if you use products in ways that they are not intended to be used: http://www.precautions.specktra.net/faq1.html

It is true, that these three pigments are not lip-safe in this case (and some of them in any case), as is marked on the packaging. Some people choose not to follow product safety guidelines however, as it is a personal choice.

user4

Quote:

i asked the MA about stuff being lip/eye safe and she told me that it just means that it hadn't been tested on the lips/eyes, not necessarily that anything is going to happen if you put it on. some people may have a reaction but it's not like anything too harmful will happen (but i dont know).

kradge79

I love creating my own colors. I keep a list in my makeup case of good combos. Here are some I can think of right now.

Lu-Be-Lu over Cultured
Flash of Flesh over Sweetie
Damzel over Entwined

I can't wait to try some new ones!

Turbokittykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke
Since Hepcat is rather unwearable
smiles.gif
, I mix it with Shu Rainbown Y900 and get the prettiest color ( a bit like pink bronze!)

I love Hepcat, especially as an upper liner colour!

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014
i asked the MA about stuff being lip/eye safe and she told me that it just means that it hadn't been tested on the lips/eyes, not necessarily that anything is going to happen if you put it on. some people may have a reaction but it's not like anything too harmful will happen (but i dont know).

Yeah that's what the MA told me too... but I'm too chicken to try! I have sensible eyes!

PrettyKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
This should help explain things about what can happen if you use products in ways that they are not intended to be used: http://www.precautions.specktra.net/faq1.html

It is true, that these three pigments are not lip-safe in this case (and some of them in any case), as is marked on the packaging. Some people choose not to follow product safety guidelines however, as it is a personal choice.

Thanks for the link!

Do you know why Teal, Kitschmas and Naked aren't lip safe (but eye safe) in the pigment set, and the full-sized product aren't eye safe?

martygreene

Quote:
Thanks for the link!

Do you know why Teal, Kitschmas and Naked aren't lip safe (but eye safe) in the pigment set, and the full-sized product aren't eye safe?

All three of those have been re-formulated recently, and newer batches are eye-safe. The change in formulation did change the lip-safety status of at least one of those, if not all three.

martygreene

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxychika1014

Be careful taking information on this matter from MAs and SAs, as they are often under-educated in this department. The information on the precautions list is directly from MACs forumlation labs, and the reports they submit to the FDA and other cosmetic safety organizations. Products are NEVER released without prior testing. Occasionally a product will be released and then have the safety status changed upon FURTHER testing, but NEVER is a product released prior to a complete first and second run of testing. Products which are labelled not-safe for certain areas are due to the pigments, dyes, other colorants and ingredients which are either known chemical irritants, allergens, or physical irritants for the area specified.

bellezzadolce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonRisa

I did this combo yesterday and wore it over Velvetella l/l and Hipster l/s, it was so pretty and the customers were loving it so that the mini l/g and p/g sets were flying of the shelves!

IndyEMSkitten

I love Summerfete TLC over Bare Venus. It's still nude, but it softens it just enough and gives it depth and a little shine.

Also, shadow over fluidlines as e/l - so many color combos. I want to try chrome yellow over blue peep, and see if yellow and blue really do make green
greengrin.gif

Latest posts