Making your own MAC quads

civicbabe627

I have 3 quads that I am trying to choose shades for, this is what I have so far... does this sound okay? Are there any colors that you would leave out/add?

Smokey Quad: Carbon, Print, Electra, and Blanc Type

Warm Eyes Quad: Humid, Bronze, Honey Lust and Nylon (all of which I have, Honey Lust is on the way)

Color Quad: Expensive Pink, Bottle Green, Blue Storm(have), and Satellite Dreams

myystiqueen

hmm.. i like your choice for the smokey quad...
but maybe go for shroom or gesso for highlighter instead of blanc type - not sure though

as far as warm eyes quad go,, maybe try satin taupe or woodwinked

as for color quad : i think i prefer Parfait Amour more than Satellite Dreams... these two are not too similar, but the pigmentation in Parfait Amour is better iMO

i don't have much experience w/ lots of MAC e/s, so yea..

HTH

Kiss and Makeup

I agree about a couple of things posted by myystiqueen. For smoky eyes, I prefer to have a matte highlighter. Gesso is a good one. It's matte, but a true white, and for me, it blends easily.

Your Warm eyes color combos sound great. Humid is such a pretty color.

I've heard that Satellite Dreams isn't that pigmented, and that Parfait Amour. If it's the color you're going after, then stick with Satellite Dreams. It's buildable, especially with a base.

It's so exciting building palettes! Enjoy your goodies!

civicbabe627

Thanks for your input girls!
I also have the Well Plumed Quad on the way, that has espresso and shroom in it.

As far as satellite dreams goes - I am really just wanting a good purple e/s. Out of all the eyeshadows I have I don't have any purple! Haha. I heard that MAC doesn't have the best purple eyeshadows though.

greengrin.gif

myystiqueen

hmmm.. if you're looking for a great purple from MAC, i'd suggest nocturnelle.... but it's kind of a deep purple.... the color payoff is amazing and i just love it... ^^