Man admits 24-year abuse of daughter in cellar

killbill23

A 73-year-old Austrian electrical engineer has confessed to holding his daughter captive in a secret, windowless cellar for 24 years and fathering seven children by her.
th_sign_woot.gif

timesofmalta.com - Man admits 24-year abuse of daughter in cellar

redambition

i was reading up on this today at work.

it's just so crazy. i can't believe he managed to get away with it for so long.

Ithica

It's unbelievable... If the girl was never taken ill in hospital i hate to think how much longer it would have gone on for! And 19, thats how old I am. I can't imagine it! Poor children
ssad.gif

babiid0llox

It's so terrible, but I'm glad that they were found and finally away from that monster.

Also I remember hearing on the news about how that 'jail' at the bottom of the house was locked and if he had died or something would've happened to him they would have never been found and would've probably died down there as he was the only one with the combination or something
ssad.gif

Oh also it was really cute how the little 5 yr old boy thought it was the coolest thing to ride in a car cuz he only saw cars on tv. That's cute but sad at the same time
ssad.gif

lipstickandhate

I don't believe that his wife didn't know what was going on. The situation where 3 of the living 6 children came to live with them- the missing daughter had dropped them off on the doorstep in the middle of the night b/c she was unable to care for them after running off with a cult-- is f*cking ridiculous. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

There is no way your husband had a sex bunker in the basement with a keypad entry system for the last QUARTER OF A CENTURY and you had no idea he was up to something nefarious.

Please.

purrtykitty

^^ITA. I just looooove how people claim ignorance and stupidity and somehow think that's gonna save them in the end. And then all those nasty little details start spilling out...all of a sudden their tune changes. I'll bet next she'll claim she was a "victim" too.

anjelik_dreamin

I can't begin to imagine the poor woman's state of mind...not to mention both the kids that were kept captive and the kids who know know what a lie their whole life has been...I hope the sicko rots in jail for the rest of his life.

lipstickandhate

You are exactly right about how the wife will claim that she too is a victim.

I love how women always play the "but I'm just a girl!" card. "I was a victim too!" And people believe them. No one ever wants to believe that women can be as conniving, manipulative, and sadistic as men, despite the fact that their everyday experience confirms it to be true! Why is everyone so surprised when women commit crimes either as the principle or as his accomplice???

Don't even get me started on the sh*t women get away with b/c they're women.

blindpassion

Like think about how MESSED up all of the people involved in that situation are now!
all the kids are freaking ruined
the women herself is probably psycho by this point
one of the kids she gave birth to is now 19 years old!
and hes never gone to school!
they probably dont even know what 3 x 2 is.
Ugh its so sad.
This sick guy has ruined so many peoples lives!

ratmist

At the moment, the press is reporting that he could receive up to 15 years in prison for this.

Just 15 years. I really hope they're able to press more charges on him so he never sees the outside world again.

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
At the moment, the press is reporting that he could receive up to 15 years in prison for this.

Just 15 years. I really hope they're able to press more charges on him so he never sees the outside world again.

WHAT!?
ONLY 15 years!?
that must be some stupid austrian law because if that happened in north america he'd get 25 for the kidnapping ALONE. Not to mention the rape, it'd be life. Think about what those 8 teenagers did recently in Texas (I think its Texas), kidnapped a girl for 30 minutes and beat her up and they are saying it could be 25 years for them in jail,

30 minutes and beat someone up or 24 years and raped them every week... I think you see my comparison. He should be going away for life.

lipstickandhate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
WHAT!?
ONLY 15 years!?
that must be some stupid austrian law because if that happened in north america he'd get 25 for the kidnapping ALONE. Not to mention the rape, it'd be life. Think about what those 8 teenagers did recently in Texas (I think its Texas), kidnapped a girl for 30 minutes and beat her up and they are saying it could be 25 years for them in jail,

30 minutes and beat someone up or 24 years and raped them every week... I think you see my comparison. He should be going away for life.

Many Europeans think we Americans are sadistic barbarians for our sentences. They consider themselves much more enlightened when it comes to these sorts of things.

Girl about town

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstickandhate
Many Europeans think we Americans are sadistic barbarians for our sentences. They consider themselves much more enlightened when it comes to these sorts of things.

i don't think american sentancing is barbaric, the uk justice system is a joke , in the uk you get 5-7 years for a rape and will prob get out earlier than that x