'Mannequin Hands"-flesh toned polish

Cherrymint

Looking for recommendations for polishes that look close to my "skin color"! I'm NC25 and have found that MAC's Abalone Shell *LE...boooo!
thmbdn.gif
* is the perfect one for me! Any dupes for this color? I heard that Chanel's "Inattendu" is pretty close. Also OPI's Coney Island Cotton Candy might be a good one. I would greatly appreciate your help! and feel free to post any of your favorite "mannequin hands" inspired nail polishes for your specific skin tone!
cutey.gif

BEA2LS

i was gonna say coney island cotton candy is a good one, its really matches my skin pretty well though i am paler than you.

Cherrymint

Hey everyone! So a little update in my search, I found 3 colors that I like for that flesh/nude toned look. Here they are:

-OPI in "Samoan Sand" *makes my nails look very natural*
-Jessica in "Creamy Caramel" *bought at random beauty supply at the mall*
-Mirage in "French Touch" *bought at random nail salon/spa/shop near my house*

I know the last two are probably not very well known brands but they are perfect in their own way! All unique but work great for me. I really need to take comparison pics to show you how amazing they look *in my eyes*...hopefully soon! Hope this helped anyone looking/going for the same look.
graucho.gif

Don't forget to share your own if any!!
th_wink3.gif

Caderas

I've seen OPI's Malaysian Mist look really good on peachier skin tones as a nude polish!!

Kitiara

You could always get a clear nailpolish and mix it with some mineral powder foundation. That way its a very close match to your skin
smiles.gif

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrymint
Hey everyone! So a little update in my search, I found 3 colors that I like for that flesh/nude toned look. Here they are:

-OPI in "Samoan Sand" *makes my nails look very natural*
-Jessica in "Creamy Caramel" *bought at random beauty supply at the mall*
-Mirage in "French Touch" *bought at random nail salon/spa/shop near my house*

I know the last two are probably not very well known brands but they are perfect in their own way! All unique but work great for me. I really need to take comparison pics to show you how amazing they look *in my eyes*...hopefully soon! Hope this helped anyone looking/going for the same look.
graucho.gif

Don't forget to share your own if any!!
th_wink3.gif

How do you like Samoan Sand so far? I actually just bought that polish myself. But, I haven't tried it yet.

Cherrymint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitiara
You could always get a clear nailpolish and mix it with some mineral powder foundation. That way its a very close match to your skin
smiles.gif

th_thdeadea.gif
Oh yeah! I forgot people have used pigments and glitters...etc. to make custom nail polishes! Thanks for the idea!!!
th_hug.gif

Cherrymint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
How do you like Samoan Sand so far? I actually just bought that polish myself. But, I haven't tried it yet.

I like it! It's not as creamy as abalone shell, and the coverage is a bit sheer...but after like 2 coats I like the outcome. It makes my nails look very nice and polished IMO. I think I could even do some french tips with this color as a base and it would look grand!
yes.gif
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

sillylilacs

If you don't mind dishing out the money, I believe Chanel Inattendu if very close to Abalone Shell. And maybe look at CCOs, I don't think Abalone Shell sold out in the Colorforecast stuff, so maybe you'll find it there as well.

=) Good luck!

Cherrymint

One more for you guys to try...Essie "Jazz". It's similar to OPI Tickle My France-y but it has less of a mauvey hint to it, more beige. Just got it and love it! Again, I have to swatch these soon...thanks for all the suggestions! Keep 'em coming please...hehe.
heart2.gif

Cherrymint

Finally got around to swatch/compare my nude polishes.
All polishes side by side:

On my nails *for comparison purposes, I did 3 coats of each (although some didn't need 3 for an even/nice application*:
Pinky: OPI "Samoan Sand", Ring: Essie "Jazz", Middle: Mirage "French Touch", Index: Jessica "Creamy Caramel", Thumb: MAC "Abalone Shell"

Outside in direct sunlight:

Indoors/Artificial light:

Indoors/Natural light:

Please excuse the horrible application/messy+dry cuticles...didn't take time to clean it up for pics.
BTW I'm holding MAC's Golden Nectar High-Light Powder *LOVE as a highlight/blush*

Caderas

Ohh, good swatches!! I'm only NC20, but I do love those colors. I've been eying Samoan Sand, but now I'll have to get it.
greengrin.gif