Manufacture ??

KristenLeeD

Hello everyone,
I've become very curious about who makes the actual product for MAC (Estee Lauder and Clinique, Prescriptives, Stila, and Aramis). Does anyone know the who and where? (and are different products made in different places by different companies, or is a "all under one roof" kind of manufacturing. Thank You so much.
Sincerely,
Kristen

User38

Kristen,

I will respond with supplying only one part of the very big picture.

there are many many - I repeat, many manufacturers world wide who supply products for EL and it's subsidiaries. Additionally there are manufacturers who supply the housing/packaging. All of these are coordinated by various head offices. There is also inhouse production... but, moreover, the question you are asking is sensitive and cannot be answered easily as there are far too many players involved who do have confidentiality agreements to protect brand names.

I don't think this forum was intended for this type of information as it is sensitive and wonder why you seek it here?

HG

KristenLeeD

Dear HG,
Ironically, I saw a post on the makeup sub reddit "MakeupAddiction" about fake MAC and other companies (ie Victoria's Secret) that use the same manufactures as MAC. I was just curious and thought what better place to ask than Specktra. I was not looking for or hoping for any "deep throat" company executive to divulge company secrets or formulas nor did I think asking a consumer related question was against Specktra policy. I've heard several people say that this brand is the same as that brand, etc etc. I think that there should be some transparency when it comes to a product that we use on our skin.

A forum is after all, a
3. an assembly, meeting place, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.

Sincerely,
Kristen

User38

Hello everyone,
I've become very curious about who makes the actual product for MAC (Estee Lauder and Clinique, Prescriptives, Stila, and Aramis). Does anyone know the who and where? (and are different products made in different places by different companies, or is a "all under one roof" kind of manufacturing. Thank You so much.
Sincerely,
Kristen
Kristen,

What you asked, and what you responded to me are different. You asked for the "manufacturers" .. and yes, these are types of "deep throat" operations. As I wrote, there are many companies worldwide and all of them are coordinated by various teams of artistic directors, corporate management, outside consultants etc. Specktra is a great community and in the past I have posted certain information which skirted the "deep throat " policies.. and after that many policies have changed. However I think you might be asking for "dupes".. usually on a consumer/retail/mu artist level, people refer to dupes.. one product being very similar to another or which could be substituted for another. Very few here can really attest to where a product is actually manufactured, packaged, etc... as I repeat, there are many manufacturers worldwide.

If you are asking about what products compose a cosmetic product, you can usually look it up on google and get the contents or components of a certain product you are interested in. THAT is the level of transparency which the consumer is entitled to.. but this will . not divulge where or who makes the product for whom. Realize too, this is a massive industry ridden with copy cats and with huge profit margins and costs.. so everyone at any one time might want a piece of this big pie.

Furthermore, to be honest, I rarely respond anymore to many questions especially if I will get a response which "teaches" me what a Forum is.. I have been a member of this forum for awhile and we usually all collaborate on a retail/consumer/aesthetic level.

Latest posts