Marc Jacobs Beauty

LauraLara

Is this forum for everything marc jacobs? I'm considering the Lolita palette and the Dreamer palette, are those awesome?

kerry-jane88

Is this forum for everything marc jacobs? I'm considering the Lolita palette and the Dreamer palette, are those awesome?
I have the lolita and it's very pretty! I suppose it depends what palettes and shadows you have already as it is fairly dupeable. The Dreamer I was considering but I don't know if it's too warm toned to work without having to use other shadows to complete a look for me.

gabzillaa

So I got this as a gift and I'm not sure if it's real as it doesn't have a sticker under. I'm not familiar with MJ Beauty so I'm scared it might be fake :(
9e015de2_image.jpeg
Can anyone help?

shellygrrl

Staff member
It looks like the packaging of the Lovemarc Lip Gels... http://www.sephora.com/lovemarc-lip-gel-P379423?skuId=1510833 However, the only one that Sephora sells that comes in packaging similar to the colour of the lipstick is Showstopper (which is a red). All the other shades come in black packaging, as you can see if you go through all the shades. So unless they were sold like that previously and I'm not aware of that, I'm thinking you got a fake.

gabzillaa

It looks like the packaging of the Lovemarc Lip Gels... http://www.sephora.com/lovemarc-lip-gel-P379423?skuId=1510833 However, the only one that Sephora sells that comes in packaging similar to the colour of the lipstick is Showstopper (which is a red). All the other shades come in black packaging, as you can see if you go through all the shades. So unless they were sold like that previously and I'm not aware of that, I'm thinking you got a fake.
Yeah, that's whaf I saw as well (the red packaging). It smells good and it's magnetic like the regular lip gels are. But I don't trust trying it on. Sucks cause its a pretty color. Thanks for your help, though!

Vineetha

So I got this as a gift and I'm not sure if it's real as it doesn't have a sticker under. I'm not familiar with MJ Beauty so I'm scared it might be fake :(
9e015de2_image.jpeg
Can anyone help?
It does look like a lovemarc gel lippie but again showstopper is the only shade I have seen in red packaging. Rest are black but there has been som LE collections with a white base and so. So these could be part of an older LE collection or a new one?? You can probably try mailing MJ customer care with the pic and maybe they will be ble to help? It looks too perfect for a fake though!!

gabzillaa

It does look like a lovemarc gel lippie but again showstopper is the only shade I have seen in red packaging. Rest are black but there has been som LE collections with a white base and so. So these could be part of an older LE collection or a new one?? You can probably try mailing MJ customer care with the pic and maybe they will be ble to help? It looks too perfect for a fake though!!
Right! It's so pretty, I keep looking for ways to prove that it's real haha!! It didn't even cross my mind to email MJ, I'll try that! Thanks so much!

gabzillaa

It looks too perfect for a fake though!!
THEY REPLIED!!!

"Dear Gabriella,

Thank you for contacting Marc Jacobs Beauty.

The lipstick case style is the same a Marc Jacobs lip gel. It looks like it is one of the specials that are no longer available.

Please let us know if we can provide any additional assistance.

Thank you again for visiting marcjacobsbeauty.com<http://marcjacobsbeauty.com>.

Sincerely,
Fay"

So, I guess it's real!
nanaparty.gif

Vineetha

THEY REPLIED!!! [COLOR=222222]"Dear Gabriella,[/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Thank you for contacting Marc Jacobs Beauty.[/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]The lipstick case style is the same a Marc Jacobs lip gel. It looks like it is one of the specials that are no longer available.[/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Please let us know if we can provide any additional assistance.[/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Thank you again for visiting [/COLOR][COLOR=1155CC]marcjacobsbeauty.com[/COLOR][COLOR=222222].[/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Sincerely,[/COLOR][COLOR=222222] [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Fay"[/COLOR] [COLOR=222222]So, I guess it's real! [/COLOR]:nanas:
Oh yay!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

katred

Specktra Bestie
Should I get the siren palette?
I saw an SA at Sephora wearing shades from the palette recently and was blown away by the pigmentation. I asked him if he'd used a coloured base and he said it was just the powder shadows. It's limited, so I think it's probab worth it.

katred

Specktra Bestie
There's also apparently a new lipstick line coming out, which probably explains why the previous lipsticks are disappearing.