MARK Sales Representative

Julie

Kinda off topic but is anyone here a MARK Sales Rep? I was going to make a purchase and then I decided that I might as well become a rep to sell to my friends and family. If you a Sales Rep can you tell me how u like it and how it works? I went to their website but wanted to hear about some real experiences with selling MARK. Thanks!

SChotgurrl

I'm a sales rep
smiles.gif
I've been doing it off and on since mark. came out in 2003...it has its highs and lows ya know? The discounts are very very nice (especially when the demo stuff comes out, you still get your discount when the stuff is already cheap to begin with!) But it can be very frustrating when people seem to not even care
ssad.gif
I've had a few "mark. parties" in which people basically came and ate all the food, took some sample baggies, 1/2 assedly (is that a word?) attempted to look through a magalog, and LEFT!!! I kept all my receipts though (from all the party stuff I bought) b/c it's tax deductable
winks.gif

Anyway MY personal experience as a rep. isn't the best...girls around here don't seem to care about makeup like I do
ssad.gif
Oh well screw 'em! I get a fat ass discount and if I don't like stuff I just swap them
smiles.gif
I honestly think the experience varies person to person...some girls on the mark. forums have $300 orders every magalog, and then there's girls like me who pretty much sell mark. for the discount
winks.gif
I'm getting ready to be a dance camp counselor (this is my 2nd year doing it) next week and those girls are OBSESSED with makeup! Hopefully I can get a few sales from it
winks.gif
Sorry for all the blabbering, but I hope this helps!!!

Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SChotgurrl
I'm a sales rep
smiles.gif
I've been doing it off and on since mark. came out in 2003...it has its highs and lows ya know? The discounts are very very nice (especially when the demo stuff comes out, you still get your discount when the stuff is already cheap to begin with!) But it can be very frustrating when people seem to not even care
ssad.gif
I've had a few "mark. parties" in which people basically came and ate all the food, took some sample baggies, 1/2 assedly (is that a word?) attempted to look through a magalog, and LEFT!!! I kept all my receipts though (from all the party stuff I bought) b/c it's tax deductable
winks.gif

Anyway MY personal experience as a rep. isn't the best...girls around here don't seem to care about makeup like I do
ssad.gif
Oh well screw 'em! I get a fat ass discount and if I don't like stuff I just swap them
smiles.gif
I honestly think the experience varies person to person...some girls on the mark. forums have $300 orders every magalog, and then there's girls like me who pretty much sell mark. for the discount
winks.gif
I'm getting ready to be a dance camp counselor (this is my 2nd year doing it) next week and those girls are OBSESSED with makeup! Hopefully I can get a few sales from it
winks.gif

Thanks for sharing! I know what you mean alot of people that I work with and know don't really care about makeup like I do. I rarely see them in makeup but I would love it for the discount and I am sure I would have a few regular customers. I think I might give it a try. Is it easy to get out of if you don't like it?

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SChotgurrl
I'm a sales rep
smiles.gif
ssad.gif
winks.gif

ssad.gif
smiles.gif
winks.gif
winks.gif

Amen to that comment...the girls here don't care about make-up in this town! ANd if I see one more chick wearing white frosty lipstick or white eyeliner I am going to do a make-over on somebody!!!!!! LOL I swear I look I'm going to a fashion show at work! LOL Anyhoo...I need to check out Mark.

Latest posts