Mascara Base and Brow Gel.

xphoxbex

Where can I find a decent mascara base that's inexpensive. I would prefer drugstore ones....I have yet to see only a mascara base sold by itself at the drug stores. It's usually in the same bottles on the opposite end of the mascara. So yeah help please.

I am also looking for a good brow gel (inexpensive as well please). Any recommendations?

kimmy

maybellinne makes clear mascara that holds brows in place pretty well.
winks.gif

xphoxbex

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmack
I use a Rimmel clear mascara for eyebrow gel and it works just fine.

I read somewhere that people said there was shimmer inside of this product, is this true?

MMMAC26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xphoxbex
I read somewhere that people said there was shimmer inside of this product, is this true?

No, I have the Rimmel Lash and Brow Mascara...its a clear gel, no shimmer. I use it as a mascara base sometimes, although it can be used as brow gel as well. I'm not a huge fan of the wand though, so I think I'll switch over to something else when the tube is done.

vocaltest

mascara base - just any one really... imo theres no difference in them really. but you will struggle to find a base alone, they will be double ended ones. mac does make a base alone but personally i dont think its worth the money.

missfaithy

I actually did a "comparison" of sorts between MAC's Clear brow set & Max Factor's Clear Mascara (the brow set on one brow & the clear mascara on the other).

Conclusion: THE SAME RESULT =P. They both kept my brows in place, even with the occasional touch to the eyebrows (yes, I have a nasty habit of touching my face =P).

I haven't found a drugstore mascara base either -- so the search continues =).

G'luck!
th_DANCE.gif

gujifijian

wow thanks for the tip! I was gonna check out Sephora or sorta eyeing Mac's slimline wax (I think that's wat it's called). This is perfect!
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
maybellinne makes clear mascara that holds brows in place pretty well.
winks.gif