mascara that gives the look of falsies?

Mizz.Yasmine

is this possible lol?
th_dunno.gif
which one does this 4 u? n do u have any tips on using a mascara to create the look of a very glam pair of false lashes?

thanks!

pahblov

Imju Fibrewig for sure! A similar MAC product is Fibrelash. They both have tiny fibres that stick to your eyelashes, and if you keep brushing it onto the tips of your lashes they'll get longer and longer.

NicksWifey

I have tried many mascaras over the years, to enhance my already long and somewhat thick lashes. For me, these are the best fits:
YSL Faux Cils-this stuff is AMAZING. It's seriously like fake lashes in a tube. It works wonders and it has a nice smell, unlike most mascaras. I think it smells similar to DiorShow. It really does make my eyelashes have more volume and gives them a very defined look. Unfortunately, I stopped buying it because I can't really afford it much anymore
ssad.gif

Diorshow-I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara. I love it, because the brush is really big and it does a super job of uplifting, separating, and giving my lashes more depth and volume, but for some reason, this stuff MELTS on me! I can buy a tube and three weeks later, will reach for it and find it melted! I gave up on it a year ago, because I got tired of wasting my money when all it would do was melt.

Cover Girl Lash Blast-This is definitely one of my HG mascaras. It's pretty cheap, but it gets the job done. I really like the brush, it doesn't have those annoying bristles that most typical mascaras have. This stuff is perfect for giving my eyelashes more volume and defining. I'd definitely say this is a winner if you don't want to spend a lot of bucks, but want the false eyelash look.

HTH!
smiles.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksWifey
Cover Girl Lash Blast-This is definitely one of my HG mascaras. It's pretty cheap, but it gets the job done. I really like the brush, it doesn't have those annoying bristles that most typical mascaras have. This stuff is perfect for giving my eyelashes more volume and defining. I'd definitely say this is a winner if you don't want to spend a lot of bucks, but want the false eyelash look.

I give this a huge second.

hellman

I was OK with Lash Blast. It doesn't give much length though, and I think one of the defining characteristics of falsies are long, curly lashes. Lash Blast also uncurls my lashes =(

I used to use Plush Lash which I thought was the closest thing I could get to falsies without actually wearing them. It made my lashes a little TOO thick though (with just one coat!) so you could tell I was wearing mascara. I naturally have pretty long, thick, curly lashes though, so if you have wispy lashes Plush Lash might work for you in terms of thickening and lengthening (you have to do one coat with one side of the brush and another coat with the other side).

I was posing for a photoshoot for my friend's photography class, and she used her L'Oreal Telescopic mascara on me (not sanitary, I know. But I'm fine 2 months later). She was doing this really dramatic look with crazy eye makeup. She wanted to make me have clumpy lashes for this particular look, so she put literaly 30 coats of this stuff. My lashes wouldn't clump!

Following this incident, I went out and bought my own L'Oreal Telescopic (Carbon Black, which is a very rich colour). When I used it on its own I felt like my lashes got really long, but they didn't look like falsies bc they were not thick enough. I decided to put on some Clinique Lash Primer before the Telescopic. OMG! I got length and curl and a bit thickening from the primer. Then when I added the Telescopic, more length, rich black, AND COMPLETELY SEPARATED LASHES! The first time I did this my mom goes "when did you learn how to put on false eye lashes?"

If you can wait till tomorrow, I'll take a picture and post it for you to see my before and after. Today's my day off from makeup this week =)

Dani California

YSL false lash effect one is brilliant!!
greengrin.gif

I also love Cliniques mascaras, particularly lash doubling and high impact.

OMG I am so getting some of that telescopic stuff
greengrin.gif

TDoll

CG Lashblast is the only mascara I ever use anymore. I've used literally every other one out there...the Fiberwig, Shu uemura fiber extension, (the fiber ones tend to look really clumpy), Diorshow, BadGal, Big Fatty, different Lancome and Estee Lauder Kinds, a few Mac ones, Lash Injection, pretty much every kind at the drugstore.....I could go on. lol
I really love the Lasblast. At first I didn't like it because I wasn't used to the brush, but after a few uses, I was hooked. I will seriously die if this is ever discontinued! You can build and build on it without clumps and I think thats one of the most important features in a mascara when going for the look of false lashes.

Mac Slut

I get a lot of people asking me if I wear false lashes but these are my lashes and I use Maybelline Great Lash and I have tried everything else.

rachybloom

I've tried pretty much every hyped-up mascara on the market. Lash Injection works amazing for the first week and then it dries out into a disgusting mess, ruining the mascara all together. Dior Show is an overall good mascara but didn't add enough length for me. Lash Blast is pretty much comparable to Dior Show but sometimes it just doesn't work for me all the time. I never got the appeal of Bad Gal, it just wasn't anything amazing.

My regimen for thick, long, clump-free lashes is as follows: If you use the Shiseido Mascara Base (AMAZING.) and then quickly layer YSL Faux Effet Cils on top.. it's glorious. I use this and people ask me if I'm wearing falsies :] Every week or so I wipe off the wands to clean them (the YSL packaging recommends you do this) and if they're getting dry I run warm water over the tubes and add 1-2 drops of water (no more than 2 drops) into the tubes themself. This allows me to extend the life of the mascara to two months with perfect application every time! I definitely would recommend the Shiseido Mascara Base to anybody. It pretty much turns the crappiest mascara into something workable and makes the mascara semi-waterproof. And the YSL mascara, once you convert to this you'll never ever buy anything else.

Kiseki

Either Yves Saint-Laurent "Les Faux Cils" or Helena Rubinstein's Lash Queen.

Both give the effect of false lashes.

na_pink

Loreal Voluminous in Carbon Black - i swear one coat of this your eyelashes would look like WOW ... , two coats and its OVER !

Kuuipo

Lash Fusion by Fusion Beauty and Fibrewig by Imju were the best two I have ever tried with Diorshow Blackout coming in third. Lash Fusion was the very best, but it is pretty expensive.

foxykita143

Quote:
Originally Posted by breechan
Imju Fibrewig gets my vote! Nothing can touch that stuff!

I completely agree. I have very short lashes and it really works wonders for me. I was wondering when someone would mention it.
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachybloom
My regimen for thick, long, clump-free lashes is as follows: If you use the Shiseido Mascara Base (AMAZING.) and then quickly layer YSL Faux Effet Cils on top.. it's glorious. I use this and people ask me if I'm wearing falsies :] Every week or so I wipe off the wands to clean them (the YSL packaging recommends you do this) and if they're getting dry I run warm water over the tubes and add 1-2 drops of water (no more than 2 drops) into the tubes themself. This allows me to extend the life of the mascara to two months with perfect application every time! I definitely would recommend the Shiseido Mascara Base to anybody. It pretty much turns the crappiest mascara into something workable and makes the mascara semi-waterproof. And the YSL mascara, once you convert to this you'll never ever buy anything else.

I've heard really good stuff about the Shiseido lash primer, and it's definitely the one I'll pick up when I buy one.

RoseyPosey

Loreal Voluminous!!! Most amazing mascara i have ever used! i have used everykind from drugstore to makeup counters and this is by FAR the best mascara ive ever used! all my friends compliment on my lashes.
It makes them SUPER THICK and SUPER LONG and is just amazing all around!

seriously, its onlike like 8 bucks so go try it! if you dont like it, you can return it for a full refund usually.

hellman

OK. Here are the pictures I promised =)

NO MASCARA.
nomascara.jpg

Please excuse my ugly undone brows. I fell when I was little and am missing a chunk out of my right eyebrow =(
nomascara2.jpg

Sorry the colors are funny on this one. I must have selected the wrong white balance =(

WITH 1-2 COATS OF CLINIQUE LASH PRIMER + 1-2 COATS OF L'OREAL TELESCOPIC
mascara.jpg

This was taken about 8 hours after I applied my makeup this morning. I tried to do it in the morning but I was rushed for time. The curl has come out a bit (or, entirely) but you can still see that they're thicker, more defined.

mascara2.jpg

Oops, I didn't get my mascara all the way to the base of my lashes. Good job, Sarah. Damn those babies look long =)

mascara3.jpg

I took this picture so you could see the way it looks from a normal distance, since most people don't get within an inch of your eye. It's kind of blurry, but you can see my lashes. I'm just wearing very little eye liner [as you can tell from the previous two pictures it's not that thick) and nothing else on my eyes except for some Chocolate Brown pigment on the bottom (I think my eyes look weird if I don't have something on the bottom to draw attention to them) and a bit of Vanilla pigment on the tear ducts]. All that black stuff above my iris is, in fact, a lovely set of Telescopic lashes. Woohoo!

Now, for the ultimate experiment. Can we make this mascara clumpy? Keep in mind that this next picture was taken after I walked around for 8 hours with dry mascara. I then tried to add more mascara on top of it. I added a lot of mascara. I sat for quite a few minutes attacking my eye with the mascara wand. I probably got 15-20 coats in there. I couldn't stop.
billionmascara.jpg

So they got slightly clumpy from my experiment, but it's not horrible to the point where I have, uh, 5 lashes (some mascaras make my lashes all bunch together into one super lash after the 5th coat). It still looks like I have a bunch of lashes. Also they're really effing long! With my eye open all the way they're ridiculous. I should have measured them. I also added a few coats to the bottom lashes (which I don't think I did this morning) so you could see what it does to lashes with no primer. See this vs other pictures. I got some clumping on the outside of my lashes, which is weird because the tip of the wand was on the inside of my eye.

Hope this helps =)

S

KikiB

The one that does it for me is Clinique's High Definition mascara. It has an extremely steep learning curve to it, as it is a very goopy mascara. However once you get the hang of it you will have the most fabulous lashes.

TamEva Le Fay

The real secret to the look of falsies -
If you really want to look like Twiggy, trust me when I tell you to get the MAC #205 Mascara Fan Brush!
thmbup.gif

This brush works wonders on making sure your lashes are completely saturated with color as well as separating and declumping. You may, also, use it to actually apply your mascara as well. It's one of my HG brushes!
yes.gif