Mascara vs Contacts - How do I stop flaking?

Kiss and Makeup

I have pretty severe dry eye and I have to use eye drops at least once a day. I'm stubborn and refuse to wear my glasses to work. What's the point of wearing awesome eyeshadow and not being able to show it off?

I've given up on lining my waterline - MUFE Aqua Eye works pretty well but it still comes off. I can deal with this.

What I can't deal with is flaking mascara.

I'm currently using Tarte's Lash Hugger, which I really like. It still flakes a little bit. It's one of the better ones I've used. The flaking's really not as bad as some other mascaras (including MAC) but is there a way I can prevent it? Do lash primers help with that?

Whatever I use it *has* to be contact-lens safe.

Misstink

You want to pick a mascara that does not have fibers. the hard part with that is fibers are what lengthes and thickens lashes. Clinque's Naturally Glossy mascara is a gel based formula with no fibers in it. perfect for contact users. If you don't want to give up those type of formulas try using a mascara primer. they hold fiber based formulas better. hope that helps!

zeroxstar

i wear contacts and so far my favorite mascara combo is clinique's lash building primer + high impact mascara. I've never had any problems w/ it!

NicksWifey

I'm in the same boat as you! I'm always using refreshing drops in my eyes because my contacts bother me so much throughout the day, they have for years. I just love mascaras that offer the dramatic lashes that I just can't sacrifice them for more contact user friendly ones.

Kuuipo

Fibrewig doesn't flake.It won't budge without hot water and soap. On the othe hand, today I wore Diorshow, it rained, I looked like Alice Cooper.

Kiss and Makeup

I know! I don't see the point of wearing mascara if I don't come out looking like a rockstar! I've even tried Tube Me by kiss me makeup (I think that's what it's called) and that still flaked. I'm glad I'm not the only one who sacrifices comfort for beauty
winks.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
Fibrewig doesn't flake.It won't budge without hot water and soap. On the othe hand, today I wore Diorshow, it rained, I looked like Alice Cooper.

Who makes Fibrewig?

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss and Makeup
Who makes Fibrewig?

Imju, a Japanese company. It's currently only at Sephora. I wear contacts and I have had to rinse my eyes out at work due to a body fluid splash and my mascara did not even smudge,and it still looked fabulous.

ratmist

I'm a contacts lense wearer too and my eyes habitually water all day long. I hate it.

The only solution I've found for mascara is to first curl the lashes, then use Shiseido's Mascara Base, then follow with whatever actual mascara I want to use (usually Shiseido's Combing Mascara). Shiseido's mascara base makes any mascara used on top of it both waterproof and unsmudgeable, in my experience. Also, it's one of the few primers that is not white; it's a sludgey grey gel, so covering over it completely with mascara isn't a problem - you don't end up with grey lashes.

Anyway, it's what works for me. I live in Scotland and have had stood in howling, icy winds and come home to find my mascara is still perfect. It certainly lasts through all the eye watering too.

Latest posts