Mascara

spendtoomuch

What is the best mascara out there that give length and volume but doesn't flake and clump. I don't care if it is high end or low end. I hate Lancome mascaras. Everyone I tried I hated. Estee Lauder has some good ones, but they dry up and flake fairly quickly. I recently tried Max Factor 2000 calorie and it has honestly been the best so far and it has been the cheapest one I have used. Any other suggestions for me to try. I am looking for one that I love and can keep repurchasing. 2000 calorie is the closest I have come, but doesn't have quite as much oomph as I would like. I also just tried a sample of Clinique High impact, and it isn't bad. Thanks for suggestions.

more_please

Hey! I really like the new Cover Girl Perfect Lash (in the cool purple tube) It gives some mega lashes, and it easy to use clump free. I haven't noticed any flaking either. hth!

BlahWah

I've seen other ppl use MF 2000 and it looks awesome on them. I'm hooked on Maybelline, and for volume I use Volum'Express - waterproof, tho, so it doesn't undo my curl (very fine lashes). I haven't tried tons others, but I've been happy with VE so far. HTH!

spendtoomuch

I heard the lash exact was good. I haven't heard anyone talk about the Voum Express though. I guess I just haven't thought to try Cover Girl or maybelline and I don't know why. I should try them. Have either of you tried Mac? Have you liked any of them if you did?

BlahWah

Can't help much in the MAC department. I've only tried Pro Lash colour in Boston Fern for a makeover and only liked it for its colour. Can't blame the product or the MA too much, my lashes are short and fine, difficult for application.

Tonitra

I use Clinique High Impact and really like it-at least in comparison to the drugstore brands. As far as anything by MAC, etc, I haven't tried it.

scrapbookromance

I just read in an article (which I posted in General Makeup Discussion, in case you wanted to read it) and it says that mascaras promising to lengthen and curl usually have fibers or whatever in them, and those are the kinds most likely to clump and flake. the article goes on to suggest that basic mascara is the best.

the best mascara I've used is Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara
smiles.gif

spendtoomuch

I believe that about the fibres. The Lancome mascaras I used had fibres and I hated it. I tried the Hypnose, L'extreme and definicals and hated all of them even though they are popular. I don't think definicals had the fibre, but the other two do I think. I really hate Lancome mascara, and I know it is rated really high. I just purchased the CG lash exact, and it is pretty good. I like the brush. I can't find the MF lash perfection yet to compare it to the Lash exact. I am going to keep looking for that one.

kimmy

l'oreal voluminous and covergirl fantastic lash are really good. but you're going to need makeup remover for the fantastic lash, once you put that stuff on, it won't come off unless you work at it haha.