Mascara's

s0xjuicy

I was just wondering, since everyone is in the pursuit for the perfect mascara, what do you think is more important, formula or the brush, or maybe is it technique on applying mascara?

Because what I've noticed, although I've only tried maybe 3-4 mascara, most of them do the same thing, and if there's any differences between mascaras, it's very slight.

What do you guys think?

KikiB

Brushes can make the difference, however Avon's Daring Definition is my HG mascara because it's a mousse formula, which gets my lashes COATED.

Dreamergirl3

I really feel it's a combination of the two that's very important, which is probably why it's so hard for many of us to find a decent mascara!

I've tried tons and found that if one or the other is off (great formula, sucky applicator or vice versa), it's going to suck no matter what technique I try. That's not to say technique isn't important either, it most certainly is. Slightly wiggling the want back and forth as you coat your lashes helps separate clumps and defines them better, especially if followed by a run through of an eyelash comb. Some people like to apply their mascara holding the wand vertically and using mostly the tip, which I love doing to get my baby inner corner hairs.

Overall I'd say in order of importance for making mascara work (for me anyway) is like this:
-Formula
-Wand
-Technique

You should try a few more mascaras, trust me there IS one out there that will be your HG! You gotta kiss a lotta frogs to find a prince
winks.gif

Personally, I looove waterproof formulas. I have thick, stick straight lashes that fall right down with ANY regular mascara, and have only had success with waterproof. I don't find them that much of a hassle because they all come off easy peasy with olive oil.

My favorite mascaras happen to be drugstore (mainly because I am poor lol) so you don't necessarily have to by an expensive one to see the differences in formula. I'm currently in love with Max Factor 2000 Calorie Waterproof and my old standby, Maybelline Full n Soft Waterproof. If you like the new bendy, no clump bristles I love Max Factor Volume Couture Waterproof.

sunshine88

I used to use the Maybeline that was the pink and green tube but my eye lashes would clump up so bad from it that my lashes started falling out. I think the brand of mascara, whether its eater proof or not, and how you apply it all matters. For me I just loaded it on too much because that was the only way it would make my lashes look fuller, but I used water proof as well so every time I used makeup remover to get it off it was like a battle and I could never get all the mascara off without taking some eyelashes with it. Because my lashes got damaged so bad I took about a month off of mascara and now Im starting to use a different brand. I just picked up the new Revalon mascara ( not water proof) and it looks great so far and comes off easily with soap and water.

Shaquille

to me it's the brush.. my lashes are long but thin, so brushes are important to make them look thicker without any clumps.
I am not sure about formula, I never really pay attention to them
greengrin.gif