Matching blush and lipstick to shadows.

mariecinder

I've always had a hard time picking out the right blush and lipsticks to compliment eyeshadow colors. Like pink blush and lips with blue shadow...it seems like I always pick something that doesn't go together.

I wonder if you ladies had any rules or guidelines that you follow when picking out colors? Like, what blush and lipstick colors look best with brown shadow, for example. Or what goes with silver?

I'm sort of lost...lol

erine1881

pink/plum blush-pink/plum lip-pink, purple, blue shadow

peach blush-peachy/nude lip-earthtone (moss green, browns, tans) shadow

coral blush-coral lip-bright color (think rainforest) shadow.

aleksis210

I like peach colored blush for smokey eyes....soft pink for neutrals for an extra 'pop' ...hot pink for'heavily-lined' eyes...I also love just wearing a light colored highlighter/blush when using really bright colors on the eyes...kind of like NARS lustre...hope that helps
winks.gif
...I'm clueless about the lips because I always wear the same exact pinky-beige nude lips w/ clear gloss....I'm in a lipstick rut....I don't think any colors look good on me!

user79

I don't think there's a rule, I just match cool to cool, and warm to warm. That's about it.

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I don't think there's a rule, I just match cool to cool, and warm to warm. That's about it.

iagree.gif
That's my usual rule, but sometimes I do mix cool and warm. For instance, I love bronzey eyes with pink blush and lips. I didn't expect it to look that good, but it's one of my faves.

Latest posts