Matching Foundation - need advice

Tracey82

So my face is a fair bit darker than my neck and I was wondering what to match my foundation to. When I match foundation to my neck it makes me look washed out and sick. If I use foundation that matches my face my neck looks really white and obvious that I am wearing makeup. I have tried using bronzer on my neck which helps but the Inglot bronzer I have makes me look to glittery then. Should I try a different bronzer? Just looking for suggestions on what to do?

Lizzie

Have you considered using two different shades of foundation? Then you could blend the two foundations towards your jawline and the transition wont be so severe.

Hope that helps.

Tracey82

Thanks for the suggestion but I think maybe a powder/bronzer on my neck might be better.

BeautyizPain

i was told many times by different MUA's that you always want to match your neck..you should maybe tried a medium color..maybe mixing 2 foundations until you get the seemless color your looking for...good luck
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyizPain
i was told many times by different MUA's that you always want to match your neck..you should maybe tried a medium color..maybe mixing 2 foundations until you get the seemless color your looking for...good luck
smiles.gif

no no no no!

always match your face. always! if your neck is lighter, bronze your neck. if your face is lighter, match your face and then bronze it to match your neck.

Tracey82

Thanks Erine1881 that's what the lady at Inglot did, however she still did not match the foundation quite right. It was a bit too dark and makes me look orangey. Unfortunately I am home which is 600km's from Inglot and MAC Stores. I like the bronzer I purchased from Inglot (for my face) but found it too glittery for my neck. I am exchanging the foundation but I definetly need a rec for what I can use to bronze my neck area.

anshu7

Match ur face and extend ur fdtn down to ur neck. It will even out the tone and wont look like a mask