matching lip colours for other people?

eulchen

not for me, i actually do think i have enough lipsticks and glosses for now...
lol.gif

but my moms birthday is in two weeks and a few weeks ago we talked bout make-up and that she was interested in a nice neutral one for herself. shes not really into make-up, only uses mascara (she has a gorgeous skin and freckles) so the lipstuff shouldnt be too bold, but just emphasize her natural colour.

the problem is, she is living 4 hours away from me (and a MAC counter) and i cant therefore match her up by putting her in front of the display and have the MA match her... what can i do? look for something that would match me? (we have pretty similar skintone?) or are there any colours that work for everybody (except for clear lipgloss obviously)

hmm.gif

thanks for any ideas!
smiles.gif

Kiseki

In the past has she seen you with a particular color that she commented she liked?

Why not consider one of the Holiday paletes.

Or a Viva Glam one?

eulchen

well, we dont see each other very often, so its not like she regularly sees me with lipstick... i know she liked the viva glam V when i asked her if vgv or mellow flame, the last time i was home... but that was for myself...
hmm.gif

i dont have the money to spend on a whole pallette, especially if theres the risk she might not like it, so a single lipstick or gloss would be more suitable...

mello

If you two have similar skin tones, do you happen to know what color you are in MAC foundations?

iluvmac

I suggest Underplay l/s with Hover lip pencil, a beautiful, neutral combo for everyday wear.

Lipglass*Lover*

*~*I would suggest Viva Glam V lipstick & lipglass...these look great on almost any skintone. C-Thru & Oyster Girl lipglasses are good colors as well!!*~*