Matt Murphy jacquard bags/cases?

ritchieramone

Does anyone know how many different items were released in the Matt Murphy jacquard range (mid 2006ish, I think)? I have the small black make-up bag and the *enormous* tote and am aware of a white version of the make-up bag, but was there anything else?

I haven't found much information apart from a few mentions of the brush roll (perhaps not even part of the jacquard range anyway?).

Just in case there's any confusion, I see that what maccosmetics.co.uk calls 'jacquard', maccosmetics.com calls 'signature'.

MAC_Whore

Those were around oct/nov 03. They had:

- Small, med & large rectangle bags
- Small & large totes
- Small & large mesenger bags

Colour schemes:

Black on black, black on white, white on black and multi-coloured on black. Although, IIRC, they didn't have every colour combo for every bag design.

This is the only pic I have. Are these the ones you are talking about?

3400_home.jpg

ritchieramone

Yes, those are the ones. Thanks so much for this; there doesn't seem to be much information around about these. I
bigheart.gif
them.

I'm delighted to hear that there was a smaller tote as although the large one I have could hold a whole suitcase worth of stuff, it's really rather heavy before I even put anything in it. I need to hunt that down!

MAC_Whore

Yeah, I have the large tote too. Some ladies tote their lapdogs around in their bags, well the MAC jacquard tote is so big it would allow you to tote a black lab or a retriever around if you wanted. lol

The only other jacquard I have is the long rectangle with the black on white colouring. I may have more, I would have to check. I haven't seen my bags in a while.

Actually, now that I think about it, the Saks Tour de Pink traincase from a few years ago is covered in the black on black jacquard (and a few other materials).

The MAC holiday gift wrap from the jacquard launch year (03) was also the jacquard design. It was the black and multi-coloured scheme.

II3rinII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Yeah, I have the large tote too. Some ladies tote their lapdogs around in their bags, well the MAC jacquard tote is so big it would allow you to tote a black lab or a retriever around if you wanted. lol

The only other jacquard I have is the long rectangle with the black on white colouring. I may have more, I would have to check. I haven't seen my bags in a while.

Actually, now that I think about it, the Saks Tour de Pink traincase from a few years ago is covered in the black on black jacquard (and a few other materials).

The MAC holiday gift wrap from the jacquard launch year (03) was also the jacquard design. It was the black and multi-coloured scheme.

i just visualized myself lugging my great dane around in a mac tote.... hahaha

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by II3rinII
i just visualized myself lugging my great dane around in a mac tote.... hahaha

There's probably enough room for him or her. Those totes are HUGE. lol

I love great danes. What colour do you have? Boy or girl?

II3rinII

hes actually a black lab great dane mix, i call him a "labor-dane" hes so rad! his name is marley (after bob, not the movie). he has the best personality and demeanor and hes huuuuuuuugggggggeeeee!!

this is him "sthun-bathing" (he talks with a lisp, at least in my head he does):
IMG_0539.jpg

and riding in the xB (he loves the head room):
IMG_0602.jpg

missvaisey

Does anyone here remember how much the MAC Jacquard Tote retailed for? It is the biggest on they sold. I have it and can't remember how much I paid for it!

Thanks!

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by missvaisey
Does anyone here remember how much the MAC Jacquard Tote retailed for? It is the biggest on they sold.

I'd be interested to know as well. I missed out at the time the collection came out but eventually managed to get hold of one on eBay. I only paid £11/$18 for mine so I was pretty pleased with that.