Matte Black?

nebbish

So I have one of the True Romane palettes from Miss Von D [the Beathoven one, to be exact!] and the black broke. I am DEVASTATED. It's the *best* matte black I've had so far! Unfortunately, she doesn't have single eyeshadows and none of the duos include this lovely color... And frankly, I just can't afford another $32 right now for a new palette.

I'm broke and on a *very* low budget... Does anyone have a recommendation for an inexpensive matte black?

Thanks, lovelies!

suzy.q

NYX black single eyeshadow (which is the same in trio 01 White/Grey/Black) is a great matte black, very close to MAC Carbon. It costs under $4 in sites like cherryculture.com or makeupgeek.com.

Have you tried re-pressing (I originally wrote "repressing", which seems a little odd!) the shadow? I've managed to recover a few broken e/s by scraping out the leftover shadow, adding a drop or two of 70% alcohol and using a same-sized coin pressed over plastic film on the pan. I've recovered a few cracked ones simply by pressing with the plastic film + coin, didn't even need the alcohol.

Too bad your baby got hurt... hope it gets better.
smiles.gif

Anna Phalactyc

Me third on the NYX Black single: highly pigmented, easy to work with, and best of all, cheap (under $5 even in the brick-and-mortar stores that carry NYX).

TISH1124

Yeah inexpensive I would agree with the NYX black....Not so cheap I would go for MAC Carbon or MUFE Matte black ...or check the Clearance Bin here you might be able to find a Carbon pan fairly cheap....they sell for $11 I have seen them in the CB for $6

couturesista

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy.q
Hum, Couturesista beat me out!

Whoops, sorry... but listen to her, she's right!
smiles.gif

Great minds think alike
winkiss.gif

User38

fix it! I sometimes get broken ES or Blush / powder, and I do the old press back into the pan and spritz with alcohol and let it dry -- after a 2nd pressing and spritzing, it dries, and is almost perfect
smiles.gif

Vixxan

The only black that I have found to be as dark as the black in Beethoven is MAC black black pigment, it's actually darker than the black in the palette. There are a few sellers here that sell samples. Maybe you can get a sample of Black Black and press it into your palette if you can't salvage the broken one from your palette.

nebbish

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I wanted to just re-press it, but half of it got spilled and I don't have another container to put it in .... I feel it would just be easier to get a new one!

aziajs

Wow. I have always been wary of NYX shadows but you all are making me want to try this Black shadow!

suzy.q

Go for it, Aziajs. It's also so inexpensive that the "risk" is worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzVivaGlam
NYX Black is the perfect black shadow compared to Carbon. It lasts all day and is just as pigmented.

Ditto! Plus, just to add a little more to the hype, my NYX Black also works as a better and darker eyeliner than some of my (many) pencils. It just doesn't budge.

Latest posts