Matte burgundy e/s!!!

GirlyDork

I've been looking for a pigmented, matte dark burgundy eye shadow, like a matte version of MAC Sketch e/s. I was looking for Signed, Sealed from MAC's Matte2, but I think it's discontinued because I can't find it anywhere! Deep Damson doesn't seem to be available either, but I hear that its texture isn't the best anyway...

Burnt Burgundy Pigment would be perfect if it were eye-safe. I freak out about that stuff. Mehhh...

I want a matte burgundy because I think the color is really pretty, and it would be more versatile than Sketch if it's matte. Burgundy is one of my favorite colors. I like the way it looks in a defined crease or a dark red-toned smoky eye.

Thanks in advance if you can help!

EDIT: Has anyone tried Bitchslap Cosmetics pressed e/s in Bright Burgundy? Does it have a good consistency and pigmentation? How does it compare to other colors that I mentioned in this post? Would it fit my request for the perfect matte dark burgundy?

I'm asking a lot of questions, sorry...

Shadowy Lady

My favouritte matte burgundy is MAC's Smoke Signal pigment. It was a limited edition in 2007 but you might still be able to find it in the Clearance Bin. Also, MUFE makes a matte burgundy, it's No.39.

HTH

SakurasamaLover

Smoke signal is not only burgundy, it's purplish too.

You should forget about the eye safe thing and get Burnt Burgundy, (it contains the same ingredients as a lot of other stuff you use I'm certain of it).

Or... you can try to find Beautyburst, from the Barbie collection.

ForgetRegret

EYESHADOW They have signed, sealed on here.
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
Smoke signal is not only burgundy, it's purplish too.

It's a flat matte burgundy on me
th_dunno.gif
, I wear it quite a lot

SakurasamaLover

^
Try to slowly add some water in a little bit of SS on a white sheet of paper and you'll see that there's more then one color in this pigment.

I can see the difference when I apply it on me (Burnt Burgundy, Nocturnal Plum and Smoke Signal), that said I'm NC15.

Oh and I think my favorite one is Smoke Signal, because of the versatility.

Mabelle

MUFE makes a matte eyeshadow that looks exactly like deep damson and burnt burgendy. i think its no. 99