Matte Mineral Eyeshadows?

LorraineER

Has anyone tried mineral shadows from any mineral makeup lines that are decent? I need some mattes and I've seen that some of the indie mineral companies offer a small selection of them. The thing is. I'm looking for matte eyeshadows that aren't too chalky or hard to blend because I've heard that can be a problem. If you've had a good experience with matte colors from a mineral company pretty-please share. Preferably someplace that offers samples. Thank you!! ;D

ansimi

I know that mineral mattes are a lot harder to make than shimmers because most of the minerals used for colour are naturally sparkly and matte pigments like iron oxides are difficult to work with and don't come in a lot of colours.

Alima has some nice matte shades.

LorraineER

Ah- that makes total sense.
I don't know anything about Alima so I'll def. see what they have- thanks for the suggestion!

ansimi

I think of Alima as sort of the Laura Mercier of mineral makeup. They tend to have a more neutral palette of wearable colours. They tend to cost more than a lot of etailers but you also get a bit better packaging and definitely great quality control and service. You probably won't get excited about their eye shadows but you'll find they really work as basics.

Silk Naturals does some decent mattes but I don't think they sell eye shadow samples any more.

LorraineER

Ah-you explained that very well. I know what you mean about not getting excited about them, I think part of the reason I've ended up with such an unbalanced collection of eyeshadow is because I snap-judge and buy things that stand out for being very bright, dark, or sparkly, unique, etc. Now I am lacking in mattes and some basic neutrals and the like.
I appreciate the help! Thanks

ETA- Alima does have a lot of colors plus dollar samples, Yay!

Latest posts