Matte Tomato Red/Orangey Lipstick Recc's

Fokked

Ahoy, I'm looking for a fun bright lipstick for spring. I want to jump on the orange/coral bandwagon but when I tried on some oranges (Morange, So Chaud, Lady Danger) I looked sick (maybe it was just MAC's lighting?). Poppy Hop was my favourite lipstick in this family. I think I'm going to have to go for an incredibly orange toned red (like Redd lip pencil). I prefer mattes/creams over frosts/glosses. Any reccomendations for an NC35 chick... preferably less than $20?

AiriMagdalene

Try the Wet N Wild Megalast Lipsticks in Stoplight Red, Purrty Persimmon, and 24 Carrot. They're less than 3 dollars and they're my absolute favourite matte lipstick in the whole world. They wear for a long time, they don't dry your lips out, they're extremely pigmented and easily available. I carry them in my kit and reach for them absurdly often.

Copperhead

Try the Wet N Wild Megalast Lipsticks in Stoplight Red, Purrty Persimmon, and 24 Carrot. They're less than 3 dollars and they're my absolute favourite matte lipstick in the whole world. They wear for a long time, they don't dry your lips out, they're extremely pigmented and easily available. I carry them in my kit and reach for them absurdly often.
Great choices. I was coming to suggest Purty Persimmon. It's great!

AiriMagdalene

Definitely. Purrty Persimmon on its own would probably be exactly what she's looking for, but I figured if she got Stoplight Red and 24 Carrot, she could layer and/or mix them to create exactly what she wants. :)

27blysse

This is going to sound really strange- but Mac Ruby Woo with Neo-orange pigment packed on after application is INSANELY GORG. Go into mac, sanitize then try on Ruby Woo, get some Neo-Orange and press it on with a concealer brush. I did this the other day and it came up as a beautiful Orange red a la 50's pinup. And you can keep it under $20 by getting Ruby Woo, and just getting a sample of Neo-Orange pigment.

A great orange toned red lip liner is Poppy by prestige cosmetics. Available @ Ulta for $4ish?

OH! Revlon Colorburst lipstick in Coral 080- a reddish orange!

Latest posts