Matte vs. Prep and Prime

l1onqueen

I have super oily skin. I was at the counter today the MA told me that prep and prime would be better. I tested one on each side of my face. It seems the Matte works instantly, while the prep and prime worked not as fast. The MA said the prep and prime would last longer than the matte. Anyone using one of these products? I'd love feedback

TIA

glamdoll

What I would do is use oil control lotion and then do prep and prime. But you are right the matte texture is instant. I dont know why it wont last all day, unless you are SUPER oily, even then it should still hold up.

You can also do oil control as moisturizer and matte as a primer.

Good luck!

M.A.C. head.

LOL That's freakin weird. I wonder if they're supposed to be pushing those two prodcuts because I was at the MAC counter today and the MA pitched those same two.

I didn't like the Prep and Prime at all, and I've never heard anything good about it.

The mattifying gel however, has recieved some good reviews.

Whiterz

omg it's sooo true- matte wipes off super fast (at least for me)- prep+prime works well, however, i still need to use my blot powder.

l1onqueen

LOL That's freakin weird. I wonder if they're supposed to be pushing those two prodcuts because I was at the MAC counter today and the MA pitched those same two.

I didn't like the Prep and Prime at all, and I've never heard anything good about it.

The mattifying gel however, has recieved some good reviews.[/QUOTE

Could be, I should have asked for a sample but Im still to scared to, lol.